Bolt Action Project...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few years ago I bought the Remington/AAC M7 in the 300 BLKOUT and I love the gun but just not that happy with the round. Did not keep it long but always wanted to get a nice Bolt gun.

About 2 month ago I had a good friend of mine come in the shop (Someone I have not seen in about 20 or so years ago) and he had a very nice Remington 700 LTR in the .308. I feel in love with that gun and try to buy it from him. I could not get him to give on it so I just ordered a new one with a factory threaded barrel. Very nice gun but with me a MFG, I wanted to do my own Build. Did not help my old school friend telling me I can do it! LOL.

I am not done with it just yet but I am at a stopping point for time being. The Rifle is going out for Stock. I do not know about the stocks so I will let a stock guy take this part on. I got a pic. of a N.F. Rail on top of it, but its not going to stay. I have having a JB's Lock & Load rail put on top of it as well. Here are a few pic. of what I got. The Barrel will get more work done to it once it comes back and I am not going to tell anyone what its getting done, or what kind it is tell I got this done and tested.

I will say it is a Remington base receiver, as I am set up with Stillers Precision, and surgeon actions. I do hope next year to have my own brand Action out.

Last edited:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Rem. 700 PLT .308 that really shoots well. I took third in a 800 yd. bowling pin match about a year ago with it. I would really be needing money to even think about selling it.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you want the challenge! If you have the Attention to Detail, tooling, skills and desire....compounded by the funding and Patience, you have a chance. Stiller, BAT, Neisika, Surgeon, Defiance etc...........all had to win over an extremely demanding crowd, but once that was achieved.........

Good luck with your design and this build.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you all. I went with Oregunsmithing for stock and at this point I think I should of went with other route. My old school friend has one and it is very nice stock but this 3 to 4 months is a big hold back. We got to orders for the 6.5-284 and it's only going to take 2 weeks or less to get the barrel action done. The guys that want them want to use the same stock so we will see how that pans out. We are looking to do a few 6.5 Creedmoor guns and if we do that, it will be on a stock that we can get in 2 weeks.

The other bad thing is getting scopes. I called Nightforce about time frame and they are backed up 4 to 6 months. I know once I want something, I want it right now. So a lot of my customers will want it as soon as they order it. But we will see how the cards play out.

Shiredude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I'm not sure on exactly what kind of stock you are wanting, but there are all kinds of stocks out there for Remmy 700 footprints.
Look around for scopes, plenty of options there too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom