Bought a M&P 9 today!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the link on the vid. i figured they were almost identical in size i did mess around with one today at the range but im gonna go back tomrow and see how the comapct model shoots and maybe you'll end up seein my G19 in the classifieds. by the way do they come with the extensions on the mags or do you have to buy them seperate? also it looks like the capacity is about the same as a 26 when i had looked at the mag given i know im gonna lose a couple rds if i switch from the 19 to a 9c but for intended purposes i believe 10+ gold dots will handle whatever i need handled if not i should have brought my ar at that point.

and you know the more i hold it and what not it just feels great and by far without a doubt being the first time i shot with it was very natural and every single round went where i had intended them to go. So im really anxious to try the compact out tomorow...

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Compact pistols come with one flat-base mag and one pinkie-extension mag. You can buy the extension mags from S&W and elsewhere online -- sometimes you do need to keep an eye peeled in order to find them. I've seen them at H&H in OKC.

M&P9C mag capacity is 12+1 regardless of whether it has the extension or not. I chamber one and then don't top off the mag, so I have 11+1 Gold Dots on tap.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well went and rented the M&P 9c this morning. All i can say is i am very impressed. Recoil was the same as my glock maybe a hair more. funny thing really i shot just as well with it if not better than my glock given the first time i picked it up. and i tried a few drills shooting only 2-5 rds to kinda amp it up a little bit and see which would do better. and the m&p took it by a small margin. I was more on target and the groups were tighter with follow up shots. even without the pinky extensions i had no issues running the pistol. i think running a pinky extension mag will more than likely help but all in all im pretty decided on switching over to the M&P9c for my carry weapon.

Dont get me wrong i still love and have much repsect for the glocks but after shooting and comparing back to back with em i shot better and faster with the M&P's. Check out my ad in the classifieds :thumb:

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I really like the low barrel axis on both the Glocks & the M&Ps. More of a natural hand pointing feel.

As opposed to the talls boys such as XDs & Sigs. They feel like I'm holding a hatchet in my hand :anyone:

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well you know she can think its hers all she wants but she knows its mine and so will be the compact once i get my hands on one.

And yea i know what you mean about the XD's and such i really like how low the Smith sits in my hnad and i think the grip angle has a lot to do with its pointability for myself. just feels more natural than the glock but hey everyone has their own preference. kinda why i bought the smith in the first place is because i had always wanted to try one out and knew either way i can sell/ trade one for the other.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never have understood the "natural point of aim" talk. I can hold a 1911, a Glock, a Buckmark, a SIG, an HK, etc etc. They all have sights. I draw, I aim, I shoot, I hit the target. Maybe I'm just special...or maybe it is a myth that we have created amongst ourselves.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
maybe it is a myth that we have created amongst ourselves.

Different guns feel better in the hand and are more natural to work with. Ergonomics matter in most kinds of human tool use; pretty natural to think they'd be important for shooting too. Sure, any set of sights can be lined up in slow, deliberate fire. But where's the sight picture end up when one does a rapid, instinctive draw? And does it feel like the sights are perched way above your hands, or does it feel like they're part of one unit with your hands?

Too, keeping the bore axis on a pistol low allows quicker followup shots. SIGs are good guns but they flip back more on recoil than Glocks/M&Ps/CZs/1911s and are slower to recover, in my experience. I noticed it, so I changed guns to a type that works better and is more natural to me.

Likewise, when I owned a Glock it always felt like I had to droop the barrel to "adjust" the front sight elevation after I drew and presented it -- the grip angle was off. In contrast, when I draw and present my CZs or M&Ps the sights line up naturally.

Latest posts

Top Bottom