Bought or Home-brew Fire Rig......What do you have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i remember from years ago there was a wildfire near OKC and i was watching the news helicopter footage on tv. i saw an interesting thing play out....there were houses burning in a subdivision that was a loooong way from the main fire. but from the chopper looking down you could see that the houses were burning and then could see the next house in line ready to go because the cedar privacy fence was like a fire wick that carried fire to each house in succession. if someone would have knocked out one section of fence how many houses would have been saved??? the yards were short and unburned. might consider planting some cool season grass around the edges for a green border???

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have well water, rural water or both?
The good news is, we have rural water.

The bad news is, there's a fire hydrant 1/4 mile away and anytime it's used to fill a truck quickly, our pressure drops to zero (or a vacuum). The water company let a construction company fill their water truck(s) from it one summer, and it was really annoying. I assume all the complaints stopped that practice.
___

Latest posts

Top Bottom