Brass Polish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nufinish and Lemishine are fantastic. Ive heard great things about lizard litter but could not easily locate any for as cheap as i was lead to believe so I got a 50# bag of 40/20 walnut from Canfield and Josep here in Tulsa for about 30 bucks. Its almost 10 gallons worth so it will be a LONG time before I need any.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nufinish specifically. And the dryer sheet cuts down on dust. WAY down!

I'm still using the media I bought before I knew about the lizard litter, but that's what I'll be getting next

It never ceases to amaze me at how well this works. The dust is drastically reduced.

Use caution in that the polish you use doesn't contain ammonia like brasso. The ammonia will attack the brass and destroy it. Blitzfike

Yes it does. I'm amazed that people don't have more guns blow up. I used to work in metal finishing and ammonia will seriously jack up most metals. With brass you can't see it and it takes some time. Other metals will come out just totally ruined in a matter of minutes. I'd hate to do a batch of .308 or .30-06, load them up, store them for a few years, then go stoke up an M1A or Garand with them.

O/P, put a couple TBS of mineral spirits in with the Nu Finish. I add about 1 cap of Nu Finish on the 1st load (new media) and about a table spoon on every 3rd load. But I use a capfull or two of mineral spirits on every load. Add it to your media , let run for about 10 minutes to mix the clods up, then add your brass and dryer sheet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use turtle wax. For no other reason than I didn't want to make a 10 mile trip to town to get some nufinish. Works just as well.
dryer sheets......+1000

Latest posts

Top Bottom