BREAKING: BOEING 737 ENGINE COWLING COMES APART in FLIGHT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was on an American Eagle flight from Dallas to Wichita Falls a couple decades ago. When I looked out the window and saw a bunch of tape on one of the engine cowlings. Figured the pilot was likely in no big hurry to die either so I didn’t worry about it too much.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds more like the cost cutting from the government 737 programs are spilling over to commercial. The P-8 and E-7A are both based on the 737.
Hey, it appears the Navy latched them properly😛
IMG_1241.jpeg

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DEI hiring & legal drugs/MJ usage on the job gonna kill us all , @ all levels of the work force, blue-white collar, doesn’t matter.
Boeing started trending down at the McDonnell merger. The brass there killed MD and immediately got started killing Boeing. None of those issues are killing Boeing like the corporate brass trying to keep shareholders happy by returning an extra .001 cents per share at the cost of possibly killing people.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boeing started trending down at the McDonnell merger. The brass there killed MD and immediately got started killing Boeing. None of those issues are killing Boeing like the corporate brass trying to keep shareholders happy by returning an extra .001 cents per share at the cost of possibly killing people.
There is a sliver of truth to this, but it's miniscule in the grand scheme of things. Sure there have been colossal screw ups and bad decisions made by management, but guess what? That happens at every company and in all industries.

Very few of the "problems" that we here about Boeing aircraft are actually problems with Boeing aircraft. What is going on are maintenance problems instigated by carriers cutting corners, or just lack of following maintenance procedures due to indifference, cost cutting, etc. That should be dealt with hard by NTSB, FAA or whatever alphabet agency like they used to do. There are about a billion or three different ways for that occur long after Boeing delivers an aircraft and it goes into service. It's out of Boeing's hands at that point.

The news media and some congress critters, none of whom have a clue, just love to stir the pot and scapegoat companies. Boeing seems to be a current target.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a sliver of truth to this, but it's miniscule in the grand scheme of things. Sure there have been colossal screw ups and bad decisions made by management, but guess what? That happens at every company and in all industries.

Very few of the "problems" that we here about Boeing aircraft are actually problems with Boeing aircraft. What is going on are maintenance problems instigated by carriers cutting corners, or just lack of following maintenance procedures due to indifference, cost cutting, etc. That should be dealt with hard by NTSB, FAA or whatever alphabet agency like they used to do. There are about a billion or three different ways for that occur long after Boeing delivers an aircraft and it goes into service. It's out of Boeing's hands at that point.

The news media and some congress critters, none of whom have a clue, just love to stir the pot and scapegoat companies. Boeing seems to be a current target.
I mean, if it was carriers cutting corners, then why are we not seeing issues with Airbus? Carriers are only cutting corners with Boeing? Does that make sense?

I mean sure, I bet the carriers cutting corners are the reason that the Max planes went down. The carriers definitely designed the MCAS system and decided that they'd make it reliant on a single point of failure and then tell themselves that no additional training was required.

The carriers 100% decided that shoddy procedures and oversight of the airframes was totally cool before the door plug blew out. I mean, they probably wanted the bad press with their company name on it.

And who can deny that the carriers were the ones that somehow got designated by the FAA to inspect themselves at the Boeing factory and pass things that shouldn't have. It was super of Boeing to obvious allow them in to do that as well.

The only thing that makes sense in that argument is that "there have been colossal screw ups and bad decisions by management". Boeing used to be a company of engineers --- once they gave that up in favor of chasing pennies of profit for shareholders by turning their backs on their history and what made them who they were ---- THAT'S when the saying changed from "if it isn't Boeing" to "If it IS Boeing I'm not going".

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m getting to where I’m not going to fly anymore. Got a trip coming up in a couple months and I think I’ll just drive.
I feel the same. Not worried about the plane falling apart, air control or the pilot … I just don’t like flying anymore. Big part of my career, I was on a plane almost every day.

Now that I am retired, I don’t want to deal with the people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom