BREAKING: Multiple Explosions at Finish Line of Boston Marathon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If AQ or a similar group doesn't claim this in a few hours is it safe to assume its a homegrown terrorist?

They very well could have claimed it already. Do you trust this president and his administration to release that information forthwith?

http://www.timesofisrael.com/jordan...ombing/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

AMMAN, Jordan (AP) - The head of an extremist Jordanian Muslim Salafi group says he’s “happy to see the horror in America” after the explosions in Boston.

“American blood isn’t more precious than Muslim blood,” said Mohammad al-Chalabi, who was convicted in an al-Qaeda-linked plot to attack US and other Western diplomatic missions in Jordan in 2003

darth_ted_82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smokeless nitro in conjunction with a peroxide could possibly do it. As long as it was hydrogen or another clear, white burning compound of O3 it might shoot like that. I've never shot peroxide-based charges, though. I've only seen the after affects and read about it.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smokeless nitro in conjunction with a peroxide could possibly do it. As long as it was hydrogen or another clear, white burning compound of O3 it might shoot like that. I've never shot peroxide-based charges, though. I've only seen the after affects and read about it.

The only peroxides i have had any experience with was ap, and it was very small amounts for obvious reasons. If its small enough and isnt confined, and preferably damp, it would deflagrate with similar speed as the video, and the residue was an almost imperceptible oily light brown. Confined in amounts over 1 gram ( i know, pretty small, but it is a primary after all) had much more brisance than what the vid showed, but the flame color was similar. As far as residue goes, i dont remember seeing any. However, since ap has been the choice of cheap terrorists all over the world it would not surprise me if it was used as the detonator.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There will definitely be evidence left. I've performed many BDAs from all kinds of explosions and even with incendiary devices there are clues and tell tales left behind. I could be wrong as I'm certainly not an expert, but I would say since they were relatively small, direction fragmentary charges with low heat there will be lots of goodies to collect.

Not to mention the evidence on the unexploded ordinance. One would hope there would be plenty of leads.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more i watch it, the more i am leaning toward a low order nitro compound like cordite or smokeless powder. Especially in light of the statement Dennis made.

I'd tend to agree, with the possibility that it could be a dual explosive with a large precursor, such as an impure HMTD compound. It's not like anything used in this type of attack is going to be analytical grade. :(

I'm sure they already have a solid fix on the exact makeup, but won't release it publicly for a while.

Latest posts

Top Bottom