Broke My Arm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Praying for quick healing. Anything special about the cane that might have been a contributing factor, or was it just "old-timer not paying attention to it" type of factor?

I had a knee develop a major hurt while we were in Indiana last year. Docs seem to think it was/is just arthritis. But now, my other knee is giving me trouble just before we head out to Indiana again. I'm considering taking my cane along, even though I have never used it.
Terry both mine started hurting a couple of years ago and wife(ex nurse) said it looked like had some small blood clots in my legs so i started taking a baby aspirin a day and my knees havent bothered me since, just something to think about.

oops dont know what i did and have no idea how to fix it on the post

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^One has to make sure they type their responses outside of the "Quote" commands before and after the quoted text.

As for the baby aspirin, I've been taking one of those once a day for a few years now. No apparent help. I really think that this latest knee issue may simply be a case of me twisting it somehow. While it stiffens up after sitting a while and is painful and stiff when first starting to walk, after about 10 minutes of walking, the stiffness has worked out and the pain diminishes quite a bit.

D.M.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crap dude I hope your right handed! Broke my right arm twice, not fun.
If you don't know what I mean then the next time you go to the bathroom
and have a good sit down try using your off hand for the paper work.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crap dude I hope your right handed! Broke my right arm twice, not fun.
If you don't know what I mean then the next time you go to the bathroom
and have a good sit down try using your off hand for the paper work.
That's the only decent thing about it. I am right-handed, but as for the bathroom thing, BTDT. About 20 years ago that happened to me after I broke and dislocated my right elbow at work. Awkward to say the least.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A perhaps amusing aside. A the ER, I didn't know whether they were going to give anything for the pain that would put me in la-la land, so I told them about the S&W in my pocket. The security guy came and removed the revolver from my pocket.

My wife told me after we left that he handed her the gun and the ammunition and said that he had never seen any rounds like that before. He acted like he was weirded out or something

This is what I had in the gun.

FP_P38HST1S_38Special+P_MicroHSTJHP_Combo_R.jpg

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tuesday, the cast was removed, and I am just starting to use my left hand more. This being typed with both hands. Let me tell you, it is much faster than using just one, but it still hurts a bit especially when I do some things. The fingers are stiff as hell but just by typing I expect that it will get better.

Now I can go back to proofreading my story on terrorism.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I broke a rib on 3/16 and had a kidney removed on 4/29. At no time has the surgery for the kidney been as painful as the broken rib. There isn't any significant pain from either at this point, but if I feel a little nudge now and then it will be from the rib.

Latest posts

Top Bottom