Broken Windshield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm, that sounded more preachy than I wanted. To continue the analogy, consider the road like a gun range where half the people are sweeping everyone around with their fingers on the trigger. Give them enough space to ruin someone else's day.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't exceed my deductible, so why?

As a claims adjuster myself, I think his point is twofold (and not necessarily directed to you):

1) - The insurance company would pay this as a comp claim (were a claim over deductible even filed) which means they wouldn't "fight it out" with Dolese or anyone, as some are suggesting. They'd pay it as a non fault loss and call it done. The only subrogatable comp losses I have seen are those where someone grossly fails to secure their load (a couch, not gravel for example) or hitting cattle or other animals in closed range areas (so the rancher is possible liable).

2) - Dolese is doing the "right" thing by working with you to resolve it, but due to the nature of this being handled in practice as a no fault claim under insurance policies, it's questionable they have an obligation to do so. Good on them for being fair to you though, at least up to this point.

For the record, I wouldn't mess with a claim either, regardless of my deductible (unless I had a greatly reduced glass claim deductible, which many carriers offer). I'd be handling this same as you have.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We were prepared to replace the windshield on our own dime. I do believe the way she approached them had everything to do with how it was handled. She probably caught him at the right moment as well.

It's great to see a company step up and be willing to be responsible for something without needing to involve authorities. It's one thing to force a company, it's another to have the company step forward on their own. Thats a company and a man with excellent ethics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom