Buried WWII Spitfires to be recovered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a sweet find. I hope they survived in tact. Too bad there aren't more examples remaining of Luftwaffe aircraft. The Allies pretty much destroyed the inventory. To see an FW-190 A8 or D9 or an Me-262 flying would be awesome.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I stand corrected. That is fantastic. Loved the sound of the Focke Wulf's radial engine. Beautiful.

And those newly-constructed 262s are gorgeous! Love the Tango-Tango's spotted camo. Those J-85s work beautifully with that airframe. I just wish those pilots would wear dark green or black helmets instead of the white Stay Puff Marshmellow hats. Better yet, wear the leather lids the Luftwaffe pilots did.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I stand corrected. That is fantastic. Loved the sound of the Focke Wulf's radial engine. Beautiful.

And those newly-constructed 262s are gorgeous! Love the Tango-Tango's spotted camo. Those J-85s work beautifully with that airframe. I just wish those pilots would wear dark green or black helmets instead of the white Stay Puff Marshmellow hats. Better yet, wear the leather lids the Luftwaffe pilots did.

BMW, baby!

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any Fw-190s flying anywhere in the world. One company in Germany was building replicas, but the only authentic one I know of that was getting closer was "Weisse Eins (White One)" in Florida. It was recovered in Europe and sent to a place in Kissimmee to be restored. I hope I'm wrong - I'd love to see as many of the old war birds - whatever the nation - flying.

In fact, here is the website; I haven't checked on it in some time:

http://www.white1foundation.org/

****Edit - I stand corrected. Man I'd love to see this baby fly, and hear it's 801 purr:

http://www.flyingheritage.com/TemplatePlane.aspx?contentId=81

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_FockeWulfFW190A51_7.jpg

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_FockeWulfFW190A51_3.jpg

That 190 A6 is drop dead gorgeous! And the pilot did it right with the leather helmet and goggles. Much better than those ugly modern helmets. Historical Non-PC Bonus: they included the Nazi Swastika on the tail. I'm not a fan of Nazis. I'm a fan of historical accuracy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom