Buried WWII Spitfires to be recovered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well I see Im not in the minority around here. My wife thinks its odd that i love the sound of a WWII era airplane start and run. A couple of weeks ago when the B-17 and B-24 were here I was looking around to see what it was. She asked why I was looking up and I told here. She said they all sound the same to here. Glad to see a few Spitfires beong saved. Its like sex for the hearing to hear these old warbirds run and fly again.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I see Im not in the minority around here. My wife thinks its odd that i love the sound of a WWII era airplane start and run. A couple of weeks ago when the B-17 and B-24 were here I was looking around to see what it was. She asked why I was looking up and I told here. She said they all sound the same to here. Glad to see a few Spitfires beong saved. Its like sex for the hearing to hear these old warbirds run and fly again.

:eek2::ooh2::crying: I must be doing something wrong ... :scratch:

LOL ... GAWD I hope you were teasing!! See you in the morning! :slap::rotflmao:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Brings whole new meaning to the term motor-boating.....

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:eek2::ooh2::crying: I must be doing something wrong ... :scratch:

LOL ... GAWD I hope you were teasing!! See you in the morning! :slap::rotflmao:

It's not you, BB. A dude could be right in the middle of the action and hear quad radial motors and even if he doesn't get up to go outside to check the sky, his mind is elsewhere. You could bring him back to earth but it better be a hell of a show. :ooh2: :woohoo1:

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Flats, the Junkers Ju-88 was a twin-engined bomber/night fighter. The Junkers Ju-87 was a single-engine dive bomber/ground attack aircraft. Both were really cool planes, but vastly different from one another.

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_ju8724.jpg

Ju-87

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_ju88.jpg

Ju-88

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Flats, the Junkers Ju-88 was a twin-engined bomber/night fighter. The Junkers Ju-87 was a single-engine dive bomber/ground attack aircraft. Both were really cool planes, but vastly different from one another.

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_ju8724.jpg

Ju-87

i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_Pistolas_ju88.jpg

Ju-88

Yeah that's what I was thinking. When Been said "planes with toes", the Ju-87 Stuka came to mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom