Bushmaster ACR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I beleive sports world had them for around 2300 they seemed pretty well ballanced to me, I'm not really that big on the 223 caliber though. I will probably wait on the 7.62x39 version before I start really pining for one.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for those who dont know about the ACR was an originally a project of MAGPUL and when MAGPUL sold the project to Bushmaster and Remington they changed the name from Masada to ACR they basically redesigned everything...imho its several steps up from a AR-15 and it also weighs in a little over a half-pound less than an AR-15 does.

here check out this vid...should give you some information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJhPMIVgF6c

Comparing within the same price point what does it offer that makes it "several steps up from an AR-15"?

As to the weight:
M4 14.5bbl (according to Colt) full magazine = 6.9lbs
ACR 14.5 bbl (according to BM) full magazine = 8.5lbs

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So it's gonna be one of those guns... If you like it you love it if you don't like it you hate it. Kinda like the way I feel about the puney 5.56 round and the m16 family of weapon

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also the ak is a great choice for a rifle in 7.62x39. If you want a rifle with ar'ish ergo's then look at the Robinson arms xcr in 7.62x39 it's hundreds of dollars cheaper than an acr.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a good article in American Rifleman a month or so ago. According to the article, Magpul remained very influential in the production of it. But it's still way overpriced!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So it's gonna be one of those guns... If you like it you love it if you don't like it you hate it. Kinda like the way I feel about the puney 5.56 round and the m16 family of weapon

No, it's going to be one of those guns that is so overpriced that anyone who buys it is never going to admit they paid too much and will have to violently proclaim their love for it in order to save face.

Of course there is a chance that Bushmaster has squeezed out an ATAS jewel that will rival the other high end rifle platforms on the market...but I'm not going to bet my $2K+ on that chance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom