Buying first pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrashKing405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to buy my first pistol for home defense and range shooting, and looking for some advice. I have a limited budget of $200. I want something in the 9mm, .40, or .45 caliber. Any suggestions on what I might want to look at/for or a place in the Norman/OKC area to buy from, or avoid would be great.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_219f87e1.jpg

For that little scratch, you're pretty limited. Hi-Point or something really, really used, possibly abused. If I were you, I'd save up a few more hundred bucks and get a used Glock, Ruger, S&W, etc.

Oh! And welcome to OSA.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae259_zdadthrice_219f87e1.jpg

For that little scratch, you're pretty limited. Hi-Point or something really, really used, possibly abused. If I were you, I'd save up a few more hundred bucks and get a used Glock, Ruger, S&W, etc.

Oh! And welcome to OSA.

This.

A used S&W 3rd Gen, a beater Ruger steel/allow-frame, a S&W Sigma, or just about anything worth using for self-defense is going to be well more than your budget. $350 will get you into deal-spotting right-place/right-time used territory, but $400 is more realistic.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can occasionally find guns (other than HiPoint) at that price but it is rare. Most times it's off a buddy who needs quick cash to pay the electric bill. Keep your eyes\ears open and you'll find something.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since home defense is one of your requirements, for 200 clams I'd go get a used 12ga 870 or Mossberg 500...it will be far more effective and reliable in that role than any $200 dollar pistol, unless you get lucky.

Latest posts

Top Bottom