Cabela's madness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My goodness, Jack!! I can't believe you subjected yourself to that madness ... Not me ... Not in a 100 years.

I went to meet SMS for a deal once and had to brave some kind of special event going on downtown ... traffic was TERRIBLE ... If SMS wasn't such a handsome feller, I'd have called it off ... As it was, I had to do several months of therapy to get over being around that many people ... even if we were all in our own cars ... :rotflmao:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think in July Bass Pro is supposed to open as well. It's only 1/2 a mile from where we live. That'll be interesting. We've all been wondering why they didn't name it something else since people here don't fish for bass? Couldn't it have had a catchy name like Salmon Slammers. (remember you never pronounce the "L" in salmon it's silent"). Or even Halibut Heaven. I already heard some people grumbling that they'll just sell a bunch of useless stuff that Alaskan's don't need. Geez, never mind those would make good restaurant names.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the big deal? I never thought Alaska was short on guns or ammo. I guess cabellas is cheaper.

I went back today and i'll have to say Cabela's is not cheaper. Still though people were just hanging out and milling around the 22lr shelves. From what I overheard the employee was telling people that during the grand opening they'll restock the 22lr every 2 hours. And with all their different ammo calibers and there were lots, not a single spot on the shelves for 22 hornet.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are up in Arkansas riding our motorcycle. And just got back from the local Cabelas here in Rodgers. Nice big store, but not impressed with the prices in it. Ruger factory 22 25 round mags for $11 higher than can be directly ordered from Ruger, P mags $20 etc etc Heck the Okc Basspro has em beat n ammo prices. But it is a big nice store. First time going into one for us today too!

Latest posts

Top Bottom