Pain tolerance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea you would think I could stop.
I was removing rivets in an upper ball joint on a Pinto the kind you cut or chisel out.
That time in my life I did not have cutting tools that could get in there but I had a hammer and chisel.

My 5 year old son was sitting beside me watching and I missed and splattered my thumb nail open with the hammer.
Blood was pouring out .
I looked at it and grabbed the chisel and kept pounding on that rivet.

My son said aren't you going to stop and fix that blood.
Nope I am almost done and it needs to bleed out.

That video makes me hurt watching it.
Done that full swing with a 28oz framing hammer!

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When them horse flies get right between your shoulder blades it ain’t good. Had it happen once. I bailed off my horse and threw myself on the ground. Hell it’s bad enough when they get to biting your horse on the ass. I’d rather ride the horse hopping around than ever have one get me in the back again.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When them horse flies get right between your shoulder blades it ain’t good.
I haven't had a horse fly bite me, but I did have a paper wasp sting me between the shoulder blades the weekend before last. Pissed me off no end.

I won the battle and the war, though. I soaked the wasps and nest with Shout automotive upholstery cleaner (the only thing handy), then knocked it off the eave and stomped on them all. Used a broom and harsh language to swat a couple of the little bastards out of the air, too.

When I was there again on Sunday, I saw a couple of wasps on a smaller nest on the other side of the light fixture (I normally don't care, as I don't bother them if they don't bother me). They stopped and stared at me, so I stared back and asked them if they wanted to dance, but they stayed on the nest, so I let them be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom