Calling All 1911's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 1911 Colt design has stood the test of time. It was the sidearm of choice in two world wars, and still in use in the 1960's when I was in the Army. One of my MOS's was a tank commander, and that job called for being issued a side arm. I bought a new 1911, a few years ago, couldn't afford a Colt, so I bought a Springfield stainless, gerat pistol. After the 2020 political COUP, I decided I needed a someting with a little punch, so I bought a original M1 Carbine, dated 1943 on the barrel, I know this is the barrel manufacture date, but the assembly date would have been soon after that. Sweet shooting rifle!

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got a 'new to me' Wilson Combat two days ago. I must admit that I was pretty uninformed on the manufacturer because my experience with a WC was limited to handling one once before.

This one is in "as new" condition. If it weren't for just a little wear from cycling on the barrel hood and near the muzzle, I'd believe it to be unfired.

It was sold as a CQB, but it has so many options added I thought it might be a different model. I have since learned that you can basically make a more optioned model for $50-100 less by just upgrading the CQB. Like I said, my knowledge was extremely limited and will continue to be for quite a while.

I've literally spent 3-4 hours with this pistol and my Dan Wesson (previous "mostest nicest") seeing what a 2x price tag gets you. I've torn the pistols apart and compared everything that I could come up with.

If I gave this Wilson a 9 out of 10 score, then the Dan Wesson would be an 8.5. I have five Colt custom shop 1911s, and I'd give those an average of about an 8. Admittedly, I don't know what a perfect 10 would be...I just wanted to leave room in case I won the lottery and got a Cabot or something :).

Glad I got this pistol though. I can now check a Wilson Combat off my bucket list.

Please excuse the cell phone pics for now.

20211211_073910.jpg

20211211_073828.jpg

Forgot add: This one is in 10mm.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got a 'new to me' Wilson Combat two days ago. I must admit that I was pretty uninformed on the manufacturer because my experience with a WC was limited to handling one once before.

This one is in "as new" condition. If it weren't for just a little wear from cycling on the barrel hood and near the muzzle, I'd believe it to be unfired.

It was sold as a CQB, but it has so many options added I thought it might be a different model. I have since learned that you can basically make a more optioned model for $50-100 less by just upgrading the CQB. Like I said, my knowledge was extremely limited and will continue to be for quite a while.

I've literally spent 3-4 hours with this pistol and my Dan Wesson (previous "mostest nicest") seeing what a 2x price tag gets you. I've torn the pistols apart and compared everything that I could come up with.

If I gave this Wilson a 9 out of 10 score, then the Dan Wesson would be an 8.5. I have five Colt custom shop 1911s, and I'd give those an average of about an 8. Admittedly, I don't know what a perfect 10 would be...I just wanted to leave room in case I won the lottery and got a Cabot or something :).

Glad I got this pistol though. I can now check a Wilson Combat off my bucket list.

Please excuse the cell phone pics for now.

View attachment 239515
View attachment 239516

Forgot add: This one is in 10mm.
After all your coon fingering, have you put any lead downrange yet?!? I want to know how it shoots! :anyone:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
stash of reloading equipment to make 45acp is what 45acp shooters need.
I bought right and average to build my own is $3 for 50 rounds.

I feel if you shoot a lot of pistol you can't go wrong reloading.

Latest posts

Top Bottom