Calm before the storm.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so then i guess the tornado's and hail and wind aren't real either, just like global warming. this may have been one post you should have deleted after you read it, all of the media hype is a pre warning so that you aware that something bad may happen to you, no one is asking you to buy a paper cup because a tornado is coming, just because it's tornado time no one says if it's yellow let it mellow if it's brown flush it down

this place really needs a sarcasm button

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally think the "enhanced" wording used by SPC now is counter-productive, but that's based on purely anecdotal personal conversations with people who now find the issued warnings "more entertaining" and "laughable", especially after last night's overall dud for central and southwest Oklahoma. But I guess we'll have to wait and see if it does actually make more people pay attention, but most of the people that I know compare the new wording for watches and warnings to Mike Morgan's "stormgasms".

However, OUN really outdid themselves last night with the severe thunderstorm warning they issued around midnight. The north end of the line had just entered Oklahoma, while the southern half of the storm was at least one county out from the state line. Usually, the warning is issued right as it enters a county, but it was like they said "screw it" and issued a warning covering the first two or three counties inside the Oklahoma state line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom