Camera buffs........is it worth anything ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw it coming, had several thousand in Olympus film cameras and lenses, put the whole mess on eBay years ago and did pretty good. This was back when a 10 megapixel camera was top of the line, one of the few smart things I have done in this life.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
KEH website

1629066695089.png

I couldn't find your Yashica Mecainca.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When my grandpa was in the air force stationed in France he bought a high dollar camera, I have the receipt for it and it was over $100 in 1955! I never found the camera going through his house after he passed.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies fellas.

Looking harder I found a few for sale on the internet, granted they were used and didn't have the lens kit, but from looking at what they are going for and have gone for lately I don't think it would be worth my time to mess with Ebay.

I think I'll just go ahead and stuff it back in the closet and let the executor of my estate ponder on what to do with it when the times comes.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm one of those idiots that still shoots film. Send me a PM with what you would like for it, I might be interested in messing with it.

The problem with old cameras that sit is that the lubricants used in them become gummy, messing with shutters and the overall mechanics of the cameras. Light seals dry and shrink, things like that. Value on old cameras depends largely upon condition and whether they have been serviced.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe there is a camera repair shop in Del City on Sunnylane Rd. Sometimes places like that might have information or might want to buy it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Olympus OM-1 back in the day. Had zoom lenses' and the whole nine yards. It took beautiful pictures. I still have dozens off undeveloped film that I'm just not sure what they are.
It was such a cool time to use these cameras. Digital is just that. Fake.
Terry Miller will be able to help you

Latest posts

Top Bottom