Camping questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to take up camping as a way to strengthen our marriage. I would like any recommendations on camping areas that we could go to for a weekend when it cools down. I personally dont care too much about amenities. She would like a place with some amenities, restrooms, maybe a shower.

Thanks for the help

Caseman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to stay in northeast OK and don't want a cabin, Natural Falls State Park would be good in the fall. If you are looking for a cabin I would say one of the Arkansas state parks like Devil's Den or Petite Jean. Have fun.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to stay in northeast OK and don't want a cabin, Natural Falls State Park would be good in the fall. If you are looking for a cabin I would say one of the Arkansas state parks like Devil's Den or Petite Jean. Have fun.

Arkansas has some beautiful lakes and camping. Checkout Lake Ouachita. We used to have a cabin there at Crystal Springs. I miss it.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I was also going to suggest Natural Falls. I've been to a couple in Arkansas, but they were closer to Little Rock and I can't remember the name of either, but the land out there is really nice so unless it's a run down campground, you probably couldn't go wrong with most of their state parks.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep the suggestions rolling in, I looked at natural falls and Petite Jean they look pretty nice. I wish we had horses I would try the Natural Falls horse camp.

As far as a cabin is concerned we are tying to be a bit more primitive, but I will take what I can get.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
McGee Creek lake, east of Atoka. I camped there last fall. It is pretty, kind of out of the way, so it is not super crowded. They have camp grounds with just an out house type john. Camp grounds with a flush toilet and showers, and RV hookups. A couple of real nice floating fishing docks. Check it out, you might just like it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom