Can NBC's Olympic coverage be any worse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It started with their tape delay coverage of the opening ceremonies. 8 min of content followed by 4 min of commercials...followed by 8 min of content, followed by 4 min of commercials...

Then as you start watching their various channels for coverage, they make no indication which events are live and which are on tape delay. And of course, they totally screw up the experience of watching boxing. I love olympic boxing, but NBC makes it too painful to watch! One 3 min round of boxing followed by 1 min of commercials, followed by one 3 min round of boxing, followed by 1 min of commercials...Come on! You simply cant cover a 3 round round boxing match without ADHD type commerical breaks? That is why stopped watching boxing on TV. I want to watch the fighters in their corners between rounds, not some lame commercial.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I hate sports on tape delay, it ruins it for me personally. I'll try to get excited but then I realize they swam that race 6 hours ago, even if I don't know the outcome.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just thinking the same thing about the coverage in general. On one station right now they've got tennis. We just finished Wimbledon,..not like we haven't seen tennis lately. And the other channel has women's basketball. Nobody watches that here in the states,..why would I want to tune into the Olympics and see that.? I want to see stuff we never get to see, not this same ol Basketball, Swimming, Gymnastics,...every day,...every night..!

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it,..that's a bummer. Although they were showing some of the team archery on either Bravo, MSNBC, or CNBC yesterday morn. I wanna see some ping-pong dang it..!

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pingpong was on yesterday, as was badminton. I also watched cycling, mens volleyball and water polo.

Oh, don't forget, they are streaming most sports online for those who are really interested in watching everything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom