Can we talk about smart phones with ATT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
T mobile for us, 5 phones all unlimited under $200 , 4 iphones and my HTC. Probably been with them 15 years. US Cellular before that for maybe 2 years. ATT before them.
T mobile has been updating and adding towers around here. Talked to a rep the other day about the fraud calls (they have a block for them). This has cut down on my bs calls by 10 per day. Rep for Oklahoma is in Witchita, KS.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In our travels since retiring (think Colorado, Oregon, and Utah,) neither AT&T nor Sprint nor T-Mobile were any good in Colorado and Oregon. Haven't talked to enough people here in Utah as to those three and their capability here.

However, I can say that as long as we get a direct signal from a tower, no issues with Verizon. Back before we changed (about 2006 or so), AT&T was constantly dropping calls and voice mail message might come in 3 days after the person called.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you've been fine with flip-phones, and only occasional smart-phone usage: then I'll assume you're not heavy phone users.
Buy whatever phone you like - then use Straight-Talk or Tracfone. (ditch AT&T)

Tracfone is a pay-as-you-go plan. My Tracfone monthly phone plan only costs $15/mo.
My monthly plan typically 'refills' most of my usage. But when my (talk/text/data) gets too low - I just buy more.
https://get.tracfone.com/smartphone-plans/

Or
Straight-talk has a $35/mo unlimited plan. (unlimited text/talk/data)
https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/shop/serviceplans
My friend uses them and it works great too.

Straight-Talk / Tracfone / AT&T / etc - all use the same towers (mostly).
I've used Tracfone for years. I don't have any coverage problems.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had never had a smart phone until 6 months ago.Cricket charges $35.00 per month for unlimited talk and text.I bought an android phone that does all I need for $40.00 with a pretty good camera.I travel from Austin to Durango quite a bit and haven't had any reception problems.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not interested in switching carriers, at least not right now. I did discover the SIM card out of my S7 Active will work in the S7s. Phones came in yesterday and wanted to make sure they worked before taking them in to be activated. Now the fun begins, learning the in's and out's of a new phone and figuring out how to remove all the garbage Samsung and ATT thought I needed on a phone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom