Canadian Goose Hunt for 9year old and 4 year old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotahp1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK well title says it was there first but really its my first too. We had about 30 in the field and one biggin out on his own. So we all went and stalked our best (imagine a stalking with a 4year old who is so excited to go hunting) till we got pretty close then he flap his wings and took off. Right at the 3 of us. Luckily Gavin (the 4year old) was already in front of me as I knealt down with his Savage 20gauge 22lr over and under on my shoulder and he was in charge of pulling the trigger and aiming (ok so I helped ALITTLE). My 9year old was watching intensly so he could go get the ones in the field we saw by himself. Anyhow we took aim and BOOM one dead goose and one overly excited 4yr old and 9yr old. We let him finish off (still was kicking alittle) while Brayden went and tried for his own. Just missed. Then Gavin got his second try without as much help but me still having control of the gun just more of him aiming than me. Just alittle low. By then it was getting dark and we all wanted to go get our kill and show the land owner (a friend of mine I work with that lets us hunt geese and fish at his awesome pond). Anyhow just thought Id share our first goose kill. Id like to here from others how the seasons going.

Latest posts

Top Bottom