Can't post or reply to post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

jlineman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
How would I know what "FS" or "WTB" threads are? you may know what the letters strand for but I don't! Please clarify.
Additionally...I have only been on the forum for a week or so and have been looking for advise on switching to a revolver because I can't operate my auto anymore. I accidentally ran across some post about one of the members that had helped them with purchasing a gun. I wanted to see what he could offer me in my hunt. I am not here particularly to sell or buy but to learn as well it just happens that at this time I am looking. One of your members Carlstretch was kind enough to meet me at the range and shoot one of his guns with different ammo so I would have an idea how 32 revolver reacts...nice guy and I really appreciate it. He was nice enough to see a need and reach out to help, even though I wasn't an established member.
Thanks for your help....I guess I will keep scrounging the pawn shops and gun stores rather than seek help in a purchase here on the forum.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FS = For Sale
WTB = Want To Buy
They're in the Classifieds sub-forums, and you have to meet the requirements (as laid out in the link posted by oneof above) to be able to post (including replies) in those areas.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How would I know what "FS" or "WTB" threads are? you may know what the letters strand for but I don't! Please clarify.
Additionally...I have only been on the forum for a week or so and have been looking for advise on switching to a revolver because I can't operate my auto anymore. I accidentally ran across some post about one of the members that had helped them with purchasing a gun. I wanted to see what he could offer me in my hunt. I am not here particularly to sell or buy but to learn as well it just happens that at this time I am looking. One of your members Carlstretch was kind enough to meet me at the range and shoot one of his guns with different ammo so I would have an idea how 32 revolver reacts...nice guy and I really appreciate it. He was nice enough to see a need and reach out to help, even though I wasn't an established member.
Thanks for your help....I guess I will keep scrounging the pawn shops and gun stores rather than seek help in a purchase here on the forum.

Don't be bitter, he was simply pointing out that new members do not have the privilege to post or reply in the classified section. That is set up so that people do not just come to OSA to abuse the classifieds. It adds legitimacy to a gun trade ie less no-shows or short offers once you arrive, less chance of getting ripped off or mugged like happens on craigslist and maybe even armslist. You can still read the classifieds and send a private message to the seller. Just click their name to the left and click private message.

Kick your shoes off, stay awhile and post in a few forums. Before you know it you will be able to participate in the classifieds. If not, go to armslist or mentioned gun stores and pawn shops.

Latest posts

Top Bottom