Car Ramrod. Say it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you may be defending the criminal or degrading the police. I'm sorry but it you're walking around 'just firing into the air' then you're a threat. Therefore, lethal force by any means is justified in my opinion. He did give up after being hit. He could have kept fighting/firing, but he chose to surrender.

I'm not defending or degrading. I spent many years as a cop before I retired. My opinion is that different tactics could have been used. At the academy, we were taught to use deadly force if mine or someone else's life was in danger. Shooting in the air does not put me in danger. I'm not saying that he should be allowed to just walk down the streets and shoot a gun either. After he shot in the air, he put the gun under his chin. Point the gun toward me or someone else and it's a totally different story.

Again, with all the media attention these days, they are going to pounce all over it. The Today show this morning is already making an issue about the officer who drove the car stating that he is a former NYC PD officer who was the subject of an investigation and a suit that resulted in payment by the city. There have been way too many shooting incidents by police in recent history that are leading to prosecution and I think more training is needed.

It's getting tougher to be a cop nowadays and with public opinion fueled by the media it's only going to get tougher. With the pay and benefits they are getting and the risk of being sued, it's just not worth it anymore to go home with just the good feeling of helping your community.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with what he did, he was obviously nearing the end of his shift and didn't wanna stick around and do a lot of paperwork on a officer involved shooting. He bought the ticket, give him the ride!

"I mistook the gas for the brake"

Too soon?

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The guy had a gun in hand. He recklessly fired it into the air(where the bullet came down it could have killed or injured someone). You don't box someone in who possesses and will fire a deadly weapon unless you want to commit suicide by deranged person. You can only expect the worst. I think the cop who ran him down did the first best thing. The next best thing would have been a headshot or center of mass hit with the risk of missing or grazing or a non-lethal hit that could have generated return fire with the possibility of cross fire and down range hits on innocents. The cop disarmed and disabled the perp in an instant. He "neutralized" the situation in one motion.

I applaud his quick and decisive action.

Woody

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's getting tougher to be a cop nowadays and with accountability to the public you serve it's only going to get tougher.
FTFY.
With the pay and benefits they are getting and the risk of being sued, it's just not worth it anymore to go home with just the good feeling of helping your community.
Qualified immunity still protects them from lawsuits in most cases.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ABC news tonight, showed footage where he stole the gun and ammo, and stated that he was just around the corner from shops and offices where there were many civilians that could be in danger or a hostage.

Wonder if the cop got the idea from Rick, on the Walking Dead?

Latest posts

Top Bottom