Carry rotation...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Todd Green said it best.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/2320

Tam at View From The Porch strikes a chord with her recent post entitled “If this is Tuesday, I must be carrying the Luger…”

The whole concept of a “CCW rotation” has never made any sense to me.

.45 in the winter, 9mm in the summer? You’ve clearly been sleeping during the past 20 years of ammunition development.
snubbie .38 in the summer, Desert Eagle in the winter? You must live someplace where indoor heating hasn’t been discovered yet.
1911 most days but LCP when you feel like wearing tight jeans? Don’t. Wear. Tight. Jeans.
You wear your P228 when you’re wearing brown shoes because you have a brown holster for it, but your G19 when wearing black shoes because you have a black holster for that? Go chew on a chicken bone.
Certainly there are circumstances which might dictate against carrying your normal everyday handgun of choice. Having a smaller, lighter gun for those occasions is understandable. But it should be something you do out of necessity. Choose a suitable gun of suitable size, shootability, and power and then learn to work your habits and wardrobe around that gun. A pistol isn’t jewelry. Don’t be a SIMP!

Train hard & stay safe! ToddG

A well deserved quote for the best post in this thread.:thumb:

redleg45

Marksman
Reaction score
Same gun, same place, always sounds good, but if you are familiar with (and I mean intimately), there is no harm and often a great deal of utility in having the ability to switch between firearms. I prefer a 1911, however I do not have that option when doing military duty--a Beretta M9 serves as a backup to my M4 in that situation. If you carry for a living you may not get to carry the "best" option, but you damn well be able to use it.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well Todd Green said it best.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/2320

Tam at View From The Porch strikes a chord with her recent post entitled “If this is Tuesday, I must be carrying the Luger…”

The whole concept of a “CCW rotation” has never made any sense to me.

.45 in the winter, 9mm in the summer? You’ve clearly been sleeping during the past 20 years of ammunition development.
snubbie .38 in the summer, Desert Eagle in the winter? You must live someplace where indoor heating hasn’t been discovered yet.
1911 most days but LCP when you feel like wearing tight jeans? Don’t. Wear. Tight. Jeans.
You wear your P228 when you’re wearing brown shoes because you have a brown holster for it, but your G19 when wearing black shoes because you have a black holster for that? Go chew on a chicken bone.
Certainly there are circumstances which might dictate against carrying your normal everyday handgun of choice. Having a smaller, lighter gun for those occasions is understandable. But it should be something you do out of necessity. Choose a suitable gun of suitable size, shootability, and power and then learn to work your habits and wardrobe around that gun. A pistol isn’t jewelry. Don’t be a SIMP!

Train hard & stay safe! ToddG

I prefer to not pigeon hole myself to one gun.

Plus, variety is the spice of life :D

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Glock 19, or Ruger revolver.

I don't have a IWB holster for the Glock yet, so on days when attire requires it, I wear IWB with a Ruger wheelgun.

I agree with the above quote, no reason to constantly switch. I have a Sig, but I don't carry it anymore, it's a range gun. Same reason I sold my 1911.

Dbltap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Springfield XDM, Glock 26, S&W 642 depending on clothing. And just got an LCP, haven't carried it yet not proven enough yet. Always go with the biggest i.e. most capacity the clothing/situation will allow. Glock gets the most carry time till cargo short weather then it's the S&W.

Latest posts

Top Bottom