Case neck turning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Friend of mine has dozens of the K&M neck turners and has them set for each gun and multiples for each gun.
He only takes off .001" on each turn.

I am not that wealthy.
He told me he began with RCBS and still has the RCBS and still uses it.
I went with RCBS and it did improve accuracy in the rifles I used it for.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Swampratt, is your RCBS the hand held or the one you attach to the RCBS case trimmer?

Mine is the hand held case neck turner but I do not hold my case by hand.
I use a Lee lock stud and the shell holder to hold my brass.

I use the Lee case length gauge and Lee cutter to trim all cases the same length before neck turning.
Look here at the Lee things I mention.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012835597
I tried using the hand held case holder but that took FOREVER.

I tried a Lee case cutter/chamfer tool that mounts to the press and you turn a handle.
I could not get .001" accuracy with that like I can the Lee case length gauge setup.

If you have another way to hold the case and turn it and feed it slowly into the RCBS neck turner that would work also.

I already had all the Lee stuff because I trim cases and that is how I trim them.

redleg10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is the hand held case neck turner but I do not hold my case by hand.
I use a Lee lock stud and the shell holder to hold my brass.

I use the Lee case length gauge and Lee cutter to trim all cases the same length before neck turning.
Look here at the Lee things I mention.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012835597
I tried using the hand held case holder but that took FOREVER.

I tried a Lee case cutter/chamfer tool that mounts to the press and you turn a handle.
I could not get .001" accuracy with that like I can the Lee case length gauge setup.

If you have another way to hold the case and turn it and feed it slowly into the RCBS neck turner that would work also.

I already had all the Lee stuff because I trim cases and that is how I trim them.
I have a RCBS Trim Pro case trimmer, they make a neck trimmer kit for it but I can't find a picture of it installed or any videos of it in action.

Latest posts

Top Bottom