L.E. Wilson Expanding Mandrel Die

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have or use one of these? I just purchased the .3075" die last night. Should be able to use this on my .300 PRC and .308. I'm moving to bushings only for necks and this was recommended on new brass to clean it up.

Kev1Doggy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used the LE WILSON stuff on my 6.5cm, frankly I am having better luck with the Lee Collet dies for neck sizing, than the Wilson stuff for setting the bullet. I found the bushing seems to be a little short for my liking.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used the LE WILSON stuff on my 6.5cm, frankly I am having better luck with the Lee Collet dies for neck sizing, than the Wilson stuff for setting the bullet. I found the bushing seems to be a little short for my liking.
I've never used their neck bushings before. Been using the Forster for my .308 and 6.5 stuff with good results. I bought the Lyman S die and a SAC bushing for my .300 PRC as Forster hasn't made a bushing bump die yet.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a windowed Sinclair expander die body, and whatever mandrels I need. I like the window on the Sinclair because it helps to prevent having the die screwed in too far and ruining that first piece of brass. Plus the mandrels float a little, eliminating the chance of a crunch if the brass isn't aligned perfectly.

I know Wilson makes great products, I'm just not familiar with their expanding mandrels and dies.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the L.E. Wilson mandrel to set neck tension on my 6.5CM. Works like a charm. Way more consistent neck tension by setting the ID of the neck with a mandrel than the outside with a bushing. I saw immediate results after I switched.
Thank you. I'm going to try both separately and together. I've had really good luck just running the Forster bushing on once fired stuff that didn't have buggered necks or case mouths.

What are you using for lube? I plan to use the dry powder from Sinclair with the beads. Seems a lot of guys are using it and not having issues.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm going to try both separately and together. I've had really good luck just running the Forster bushing on once fired stuff that didn't have buggered necks or case mouths.

What are you using for lube? I plan to use the dry powder from Sinclair with the beads. Seems a lot of guys are using it and not having issues.
Dry powder as well. I have enough Lyman Ultra Fine to probably last me another 10 years. Cheap and works great.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dry powder as well. I have enough Lyman Ultra Fine to probably last me another 10 years. Cheap and works great.
Good deal. I'm in the same boat. I ordered two dry powder containers thinking I'd run out and I don't think I have touched a 1/4 of one yet and it's been 3 years.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no way to tell seating pressure other than just feel, but I didn't notice anything wonky or odd feeling seating bullets today.

Ran each case over my L.E Wilson mandrel die to clean them up and set neck tension with my SAC bushing.

Very smooth. Results will tell me the truth, but I'm pretty optimistic

Latest posts

Top Bottom