Case prep station preferences?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My case prep center consists of a modified oscillating fan motor and a drill chuck.
And an old drill that only has forward.. I hooked a fan switch inline to control speed trigger is locked on.

You can build your own for cheap and it will work just as well..And satisfaction of recycling and you know it will be made in america by you..You are just spinning brushes and stuff..

case prep center.jpg

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I received my rcbs case prep station yesterday....although I am too much if a wimp to brave the cold garage this morning to play with it, I did mess with it in my kitchen. It has a very sturdy base and seems like it will work perfectly with my setup. I appreciate all the great advice I get on this forum!

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been using an RCBS hard for about 3 years; no problems. I swage military crimps with the RCBS swager but have to hit some a little more with the carbide reaming bit; I hear the Dillon is better. I've switched to the WFT case trimmers (Worlds Finest Trimmer) after wearing out several other models. A Giraud is on the buy list one of these days.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got the Lyman a couple of weeks ago, have been giving it a workout on .308 and .30 so far.

It works well, but I've decided that for military crimp removal and primer pocket uniforming I still prefer to put the tools in an electric screwdriver and do them that way - easier to see and hold horizontally, for me at least.

Of course, those are one-time operations on once-fired brass, can see the prep center working out great for subsequent loads. Can also see it being excellent for pistol cases, but haven't done any yet.

The only negative I have at this point isn't so much with the prep center as with one of the tools that came with it - the outside chamfer tool just doesn't work all that well. I end up having to rock and rotate the cartridge a number of times before holding straight and pushing down pretty hard to eliminate the last bit of ridge left by case trimming. I'm going to be looking for an alternative for that one.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been using an RCBS hard for about 3 years; no problems. I swage military crimps with the RCBS swager but have to hit some a little more with the carbide reaming bit; I hear the Dillon is better. I've switched to the WFT case trimmers (Worlds Finest Trimmer) after wearing out several other models. A Giraud is on the buy list one of these days.

I am ordering one of them for 223 Man if it works I would pay 3 times that amount!

Latest posts

Top Bottom