Case Stuck in Seating Die

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used a wooden dowell, and just pushed it out with a vise. No biggie.
I used to use the RCBS case lube pad, but have now graduated to the Hornady aerosol case lube. No clean up, and it works a lot better than the lube pad.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used a wooden dowell, and just pushed it out with a vise. No biggie.
I used to use the RCBS case lube pad, but have now graduated to the Hornady aerosol case lube. No clean up, and it works a lot better than the lube pad.

OP stated a Seating die not Sizeing. No lube required but while we are on the subject... I am on the homemade lube kick and it has bee working wonderfully. I have not had good luck with the one shot lube as it seems there is a window to when the brass is ready after being sprayed. Too soon and it is not slick and too late and it is too dry and I get stuck cases.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just mixed some lube using liquid lanolin and 97% isopropol alcohol. I put it in a spray bottle and it works great. I got the info from another member here. I use it for cases like 357 sig that have to be lubed before I put them in the case feeder..
I will be curious about what caused the stuck case in the seating die. Let us know please.. Bltizfike

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just mixed some lube using liquid lanolin and 97% isopropol alcohol. I put it in a spray bottle and it works great. I got the info from another member here. I use it for cases like 357 sig that have to be lubed before I put them in the case feeder..
I will be curious about what caused the stuck case in the seating die. Let us know please.. Bltizfike

Details, please? I, too, have started using the Hornady One Shot and I doubt that I will go backwards.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Details, please? I, too, have started using the Hornady One Shot and I doubt that I will go backwards.

It's just a 4 oz bottle of Liquid lanolin like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846 (you can ONLY use liquid lanolin) and 16 to 20 oz of very high % alcohol. The health food store will have the lanolin and if you have trouble finding 97 or 99 percent alcohol you can use HEET from the auto parts shop. It is the slickest stuff I have ever used

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the info from technitium-99. He has been using this for a while with great success. It approximates the dillon spray lube. I mixed about two ounces of liquid lanolin which I got from the local health food store at I-240 and Penn, (Less than $7.00 for a 4 ounce bottle) with a spray bottle (from Big-Lots ) full of 97% Isopropol Alcohol from Wal-Mart. I had been hand lubing the cases before dumping them in my Dillon casefeeder, and Mitch at J&K Bullet Casters uses the dillon lube before dumping cases in his case feeder. The lube I normally use is Imperial Sizing Die wax, and I have way less stuck cases with it than anything else I have used. So far this mix is working fine for me, I haven't tried it with 30-06 cases yet, but if it works on them, it will work on anything. I place the cases in a flat container and spray with the mixture as I roll and shake them to distribute the lube. It dries very quickly and leaves the case with enough lube to resize with little effort. I'll keep you updated on any issues I find with it. Blitzfike

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you still haven't got the case out of the die, send it to me and I'll remove it for you at no charge. I'll also polish the inside of the die to make sure there are no burrs in it....

D&T

Latest posts

Top Bottom