Case trimmer recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The cheap Lee trimmer you have isn’t too bad if you chuck the cutter into a 1/2” drill. Similar to what swamprat said, but instead of a drill press I just use a handheld drill. Speeds it way up and reduces hand fatigue

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The lee hand crank trimmer I have is for .308 and mounts on top of the press and It is CRAP.
Free if anyone wants it.
Why is it crap ?

Because it is not consistent.
You add a little more or little less pressure and you get a different case length.
The plastic flexes etc etc.

I use the lee you showed in the picture also and I do not know how you are using yours but mine is stupid fast.

What i do is chuck up the cutter in my bench top drill press.
Insert the case length gauge.
I then have the case and holder in hand and run it up the cutter.
I have the drill press on the slowest speed.
3 to 4 seconds per case and then take it out of the holder and chuck up another and run it up.

I hold the holder and the case in my hands squeezing the case so it does not spin.
It is really fast.

Most of these cut and chamfer in one tools do not give me a VLD chamfer.
I need my VLD chamfer.
I’ll take it if you don’t want it.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The cheap Lee trimmer you have isn’t too bad if you chuck the cutter into a 1/2” drill. Similar to what swamprat said, but instead of a drill press I just use a handheld drill. Speeds it way up and reduces hand fatigue
This is what I do. The lock collar slips sometimes and the case walks out, just looking for options.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what I do. The lock collar slips sometimes and the case walks out, just looking for options.
That is why I hold the case and the steel tool in both hands as that keeps it from slipping.

When I was looking for something different the WFT by little crow is what peaked my interest the most

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I use the Lee but I put my drill in the vice so it’s stationary. Some walk out but it’s not that big of a deal. But I don’t do volume like I used to.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another Dillon vote, less steps because size and trim in one stroke. Still have to deburr but still quicker and once set VERY consistant.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Redding case trimmer lathe for the win!

casetrim1400xt.jpg

Model 1400

Or the new(er) hi-falutin model.

2400%20trimmer%20300.jpg

Redding 2400

Last edited:

Latest posts