Casper Wyoming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got to head up there for a few days to teach training classes. I figure there has to be something awesome to do in a state that allows concealed carry with no permit.

What is there to do in the area, what are the good steakhouses, any good trout fishing between here and there?

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in Douglas Wyoming when I was a kid. All I remember about the area is the wide open spaces. You could drive for 2 or 3 miles across a field and find a creek about 4 foot wide with fish in it. We found an area where the bottom of the creek was covered in gold flakes. After trying to get that stuff out of the water all day someone told us it was fools gold, we didn't care it was fun as all get out.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent a month working up there on a blow out several years back. You can go up on Casper Mountain and I know there was a big lake there, but I don't remember the name. I do remember good steak house, but I don't remember the name. It was not a chain owned.

cheese79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poor Boys Steakhouse is about the best place to eat there. Casper has grown over the last couple of years but is still not my favorite place to go... every time i am asked to go there i always try to pull rank and pass it on to someone else.....

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lived there for three years when I was pretty young so I don't remember a whole lot about the area. Casper Mountain is nice. I believe he is referring to Alcova Lake. I have never been to the one in Casper so YMMV but you could try eating at Sanfords grub and pub. I have eaten at the one in Spearfish, SD a bunch of times and really enjoy it. Good food and cool atmosphere. I personally like the big country burger and my cousin talked me into trying the gilligan and it was surprisingly good.

http://thegrubandpub.com/sanfords.aspx

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poor Boys Steakhouse is about the best place to eat there. Casper has grown over the last couple of years but is still not my favorite place to go... every time i am asked to go there i always try to pull rank and pass it on to someone else.....

LOL, I pulled rank to get the trip. The other option was Illinois, lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom