Caspian 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GojuBrian45

Marksman
Reaction score
I just picked up a Caspian 1911. Upper and lower are Caspian, all internal parts are Wilson. It was supposedly built by Accurate Iron, but I’m having a hard time locating them. I’m just curious about this gun, Value, when made, etc.
At any rate, I’m happy with it. The fit and trigger all appear top notch.
4756F475-4A88-4555-98D1-49D8E60DF086.jpeg
3C88A798-127E-41C9-8F7C-8863BB7D5C68.jpeg
63136ADD-0405-4182-B54F-CC7BF6430CD4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took a Caspian 10mm on a trade once and tried to sell it on here without any luck. If it had been a .45, I would have kept it. Everybody was hung up on "Who built it?" I chased it down to who bought the kit but, I never found out who built it. When anyone buys a Springfield 1911 do they get hung up on who built it? A local guy bought it from me and said it shot real well he loved it. If it had only been a .45.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the problem with gun builders who don’t have some sort of roll mark which most don’t.
From the description, it’s built from quality parts, so if the fit, finish, and function is good, I‘d recommend shooting the sh*t out of it and not worry about where it came from.

I’ve had many opportunities to buy guns built on Caspian frames, but if the seller can’t produce a build sheet, I’m out no matter how good the deal is.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It went through my hands. Probably not all Wilson internals, but all quality. It’s nice to see. Those grips are gross but other than that I was proud of how it came out. AI has been gone since about 2015. It went to a fellow in NE Oklahoma around 2009 maybe a touch earlier.
This is the problem with gun builders who don’t have some sort of roll mark which most don’t.
From the description, it’s built from quality parts, so if the fit, finish, and function is good, I‘d recommend shooting the sh*t out of it and not worry about where it came from.

I’ve had many opportunities to buy guns built on Caspian frames, but if the seller can’t produce a build sheet, I’m out no matter how good the deal is.
That was about a year before I sprung for the equipment to mark my work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom