Cast boolits in your Glock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock says no lead because of the rifling in their barrels is more prone to getting plugged by lead and causing the possible ka-boom. What say the reloading masters? I just started using lead for my .45 looking to expand to my 9mm but i was curious about said topic before I buy

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive done it a ton with no issue. Just make sure they are not under or over powered and I dont think you will have an issue

mach1soldier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing and it seems the consensus is just clean the barrel really well and more often and you will be fine. I wonder how many incidents were really squib loads still stuck in the barrel and not the lead itself being the problem.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock says in their warranty that shooting reloads voids their warranty. With that said, I've shot thousands through my Glocks and had no kaboom problems. I have one Glock in particular that accuracy is affected with lead bullets and with that gun, I use jacketed bullets only.

Lots of Glock shooter/reloaders buy aftermarket barrels like the ones Lone Wolf sells. However, there is a disclaimer on their website that says shooting reloads through their barrels voids their warranty.

Shoot what you want, just use common sense doing it.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently bought a glock 20 and I have shot lead bullets in it. I got a storm lake barrel just to shoot lead and I have tried lead in both barrels. There was some leading in both barrels and the storm lake was a little worse. I already had a Lewis Lead Removal tool and got a .40 conversion for it and it cleaned the bore on both barrles nicely. I have read the some type of scouring pad pushed through the barrle would do the same thing. If you are worried about it don't do it

Latest posts

Top Bottom