Cat Deterrent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^^^^^ yeah don't take them to the city.
Don't take em to the country either with the born free outlook.
I'm sick of people dumping their animals in the woods, then I have to kill what's left of them after the coyotes rip them up or they are so covered in ticks that it's impossible to save them.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Live trap is a good idea but when you take them to the city, they just treat them and let them loose in the same neighborhood three to five days later.

We had numerous feral cats trapped in our neighborhood. Took one to the OKC Animal Control and they do not release the feral cats, but put them down. Some AC will let you use their traps,we donated ours to City of Moore. This was 5 years ago.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting that the city releases feral cats, they should have their hands slapped.
Ponca City as well as others have this tree hugging theory. They sterilize them so they can't breed and

"put them back with their family units to live out their natural lives"

Meanwhile scratching up every car in the neighborhood, digging in trash, digging and crapping in flower beds/gardens.
What hogwash.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yotes keep cats to a population of 0 in my area. I cant even keep an outside cat for mice cause as soon as they go across the road to the hay pasture, a yote will get em.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yotes keep cats to a population of 0 in my area. I cant even keep an outside cat for mice cause as soon as they go across the road to the hay pasture, a yote will get em.

Same here except for one male mouser we have. He's a 9 year slate gray with white socks neutered male. He's almost completely deaf, has several notches in each ear, limps on a different leg each week, and is just an all around bad a$$ cat that still loves to play with the kids. Until this last year, he'd be gone for 2-3 weeks at a time, only to return battered, cut, chunks of flesh missing, and limping. He'd hang around the house for a couple of weeks and then be gone again. This last year he's really slowed down, and rarely see him more than half a mile down the road, and he's at the house every day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom