CCI primer question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought some white box #41 CCI military primers today. Well I thought this was a good idea right up to the time I did some researcg. Apparently you use the same load data that you would use with CCI small rifle MAGNUM primers. Well I cant seem to find any data for magnum primers. I thought I had read one time to reduce the powder charge by a certain amount but I cant find that now. Any one able to help? Im using AA2230 powder and a 55gr FMJBT.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that you'll have an issue unless you are screaming them up on the very edge of safety. I would not change my load but I'm down in the middle of the data range. If you are close to the top I'd back off 0.5 grains and see what happens.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll be fine. Back off half a grain. The primers are not quite as hot as magnums and a little hotter than standard.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I seem to remember something about some of the 5.56 Nato rounds using the #41, vs .223 Rem not. That could be just BS. I'll be watching this thread. I acquired a couple thousand #41 primers so I'll be interested in how to use them.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CCI #41's are just military primers. Made a little thicker or harder for resistance to slam fires. And the rumor is they are a touch hotter to light the ball powder(s) that are used in military loads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom