CCW class in OKC ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swapwap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I learned something the other day when I was at H&H as I asked about CCW carry and reciprocating laws with other states. I presently have a CCW permit from Georgia which was the state of my previous residence. So I figured carrying was okay here, that was until this fellow told me state law requires that once I make a residence here as I have done I need a CCW license from OK to be legal

This kinda sucks because in recently renewed that sucker in Georgia before I left there. Thank God I only renewed for 5 years instead of 10.

So now it looks like I have to pay for a class here in OK $40 to $60 from what I can tell, then go down and get printed and pay more money to the state and apply for one here to legally carry, or even have a freaking loaded pistol in my vehicle; which is my preference as I travel a lot and can't carry in my customers locations but sure do feel more comfortable with a loaded pistol on my side should I happen to break down on the hwy.

So my question is where is a good cheap place to get my official class done here in OKC? HH just seems a bit silly on the price. I've been to such classes in Georgia for free as they do them there free because it is not required by law and thought my wife would enjoy as it came with free range time and weapon shooting...

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother, myself, and his wife all went to Cunningham. It was a good experience. You can retake the class for free as many times as you want once you have completed it(refresh/re-certify). It is a class only(initially), then you go down to H&H one evening when they are there(they pay the lane fees), and you fire a few rounds to show competence and your done. I think they charge $60, but we got in for $45 if I recall correctly(they were having a special).

http://cunninghamfirearms.net/

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fee cost is actually set by the state and can not be more than 60.00, some run specials on the price here and there. But most generally charge the maximum amount they can.

You may be able to use your GA license as proof here but I don't know for sure on that.

H&H was one of the first places to offer classes in OK and they also allow you to sit in on later classes for free if you took the class there. Lane fee is included just have to bring 50 factory rounds to shoot and a hat. They have eye and hearing protection available as well as visors when you take the class if you didn't bring a hat.

There are also classes in Edmond at Heartland Outdoors if you prefer to stay closet to home. I opted to drive from Guthrie to H&H for mine and was pleased with it. Got my license in the mail yesterday.

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_Lawbook_NOV_2012.pdf Should be able to answer most if not all of your questions if you read through it and they have a FAQ online.

Apogee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother, myself, and his wife all went to Cunningham. It was a good experience. You can retake the class for free as many times as you want once you have completed it(refresh/re-certify). It is a class only(initially), then you go down to H&H one evening when they are there(they pay the lane fees), and you fire a few rounds to show competence and your done. I think they charge $60, but we got in for $45 if I recall correctly(they were having a special).

http://cunninghamfirearms.net/

Thanks for that tip, signed up for their Sept 14 SDA class.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would find the best instructor i could. not much difference between $40 or $60 and this is one time you do not want to sell yourself short for $20. it is important that you gain as much knowledge about the SDA as possible. It might keep you out of jail or a prison sentence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom