permit less/open carry for everyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I guess the main reason to get or renew a conceal carry license would be so you can carry in other states? or are there any other benefits to having it? Mine just expired after 10 years and now that the laws have changed, I don't know if I should fork over the $170 or whatever it is to renew it for another 10 years...
For the most part, yes. However, the Gun-Free School Zones Act requires a valid state carry license if you are within 1000 feet of a school. Hope GFSZA gets challenged and thrown out real soon.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Utah non-resident permit that allows me to carry mostly anywhere I'm likely to go. When the OK permit allows holders to bypass the background check for gun purchases I might break down and get one.
I'm in a similar situation with an Arizona nonresident carry license. It does suck having a bordering state (Colorado) not recognize nonresident licenses though.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
FYI- did on-line app to renew my CCL on the OSBI web site on May 31st- just received my license in mail today. Almost 3 months. Lucky I didn't want to go out of state.
That’s absolutely pathetic. They can’t be having that many applications or remewals these days. I’d love to supervise that office for a week. Same thing with passports. All covid has done is give places with poor service excuses to be worse.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s absolutely pathetic. They can’t be having that many applications or remewals these days. I’d love to supervise that office for a week. Same thing with passports. All covid has done is give places with poor service excuses to be worse.

Sure fire way to ensure no one ever got their permit...

Latest posts

Top Bottom