permit less/open carry for everyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think, when Colorado enacted the 15 round max mag capacity, you can drive thru if you don't stop, but you're in violation if you stop for gas or to pee?
Alot of restrictive states don't even allow that. Any others have a pass thru rule?

No... Colorado has no exception for traveling thru the state with >15 round mags as far as I know. The Colorado hi-cap law is probably violated as often as speed limits. No one pays attention to it and they're openly sold in gun stores throughout the state. It's practically unenforceable...most county sheriff's know that and LEOs pretty much ignore it.

As long as your magazines were mfg'd prior to Jul 1, 2013 then the law doesn't apply. The state has to prove the mag was made after that date in order to enforce the law. Few magazines have mfg dates on them...MagPul being the most well-known exception. So, as long as you're in possession of the magazine and it doesn't say when it was made, there's nothing the state can do about it.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Colorado magazine law is a perfect example of clueless politicians making laws regarding subjects they know nothing about. Rhonda Fields was a state representative back then (she's a state senator now) and she was pretty much the driving force behind the magazine law. She's got a criminal record, which she acknowledges, and she hates guns.

Here's an interesting video about how easy it is to get "hi-cap" mags in Colorado:

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I guess the main reason to get or renew a conceal carry license would be so you can carry in other states? or are there any other benefits to having it? Mine just expired after 10 years and now that the laws have changed, I don't know if I should fork over the $170 or whatever it is to renew it for another 10 years...
Paying for a license isn't constitutional and neither is paying for a license.
Like Ed McMahan said...you are correct Sir!

Latest posts

Top Bottom