permit less/open carry for everyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
oklahoma now has a permit less carry law,and a open carry law from what i have read, anyway, do these laws apply to US citizens from out of state ?? or just OK residents..

Last edited:

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only state I’m aware of that allows permitless carry but only for residents of their state is South Dakota. All the other 2A states extend this to everyone resident or not. At least that’s my understanding today. Also in Oklahoma Constitutional Carry went into effect in 2019 so it’s been a minute.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you are prohibited from owning a firearm, you can cc or open carry here in Oklahoma. That's what constitutional carry means. The right to keep and Bear arms shall not be infringed.

Actually no that's not how it works in Oklahoma , if the state you're from has constitutional carry then Oklahoma recognizes reciprocity with that state . So the answer is for out of state residents their home state must be a constitutional carry state for them to be able to constitutionally carry in Oklahoma. I am not sure that applies to the the three states which limit constitutional carry to only their citizens

Last edited:

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought we could carry open or concealed without a permit.

Yes: Yes. "Permitless carry went into effect on November 1, 2019. It allows anyone who is at least 21 years old (or at least 18 years old and is a member of the military or honorably discharged veteran) that can legally possess a firearm to carry openly or concealed without a license."

Latest posts

Top Bottom