ccw notice: circus@ cox center sat&sun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abinok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just in case any of you were planning to go to the circus this weekend at the cox center...
The cox center website states they don't want you packing, but they didn't post the doors, there's no metal detectors, and nobody is searching bags, much less anything else. I carried a glock 35, with 2 extra mags uneventfully. I was pleased to see 8-10 ocpd guys scattered around the lobby, but there were NO uniformed guys in the arena.

Oh yea, the show was pretty good too.

STWshooter87

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for posting good info like this.

I realize this event has come and gone but I am new to ccw and don't really agree with something like this. If they don't want "packing" shouldn't they post it at the door? I will abide by the rules of the house so to speak when posted but what's a ccw holder to do in situ like this when I can guarantee you 100% I would not have looked on their website. If I saw a commercial and called the number to get tickets or whatever I would not go to a website.

abinok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My main reason for posting this was the "at the door" aspect of it.

On a couple of occasions I have done my research and stood in a long line only do discover at the last moment that the line terminates at a scanner/metal detector/tsa pedobear that causes me to ditch, stash, or make the long walk back to the car to secure a tool I was carrying.

On one of these excursions I ended up delaying entry for some extended family to a monument. Some of said family was not aware I carry and my wife caved to the badgering while I was gone. This story ends with my mother in law volunteering to the security guy at the point of entry for a national landmark that she was glad they made it in before they closed since she had to wait on me to take my gun back to my car.:screwy:

Latest posts

Top Bottom