Chair question. Ground blinds and bow hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always had the best luck with the canvas chair like you use. Just have to wear soft clothes so they don't make alot of noise. I have never found a tripod chair comfortable enough where I could sit still long enough.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have used one of these from BP for the last few years and it works OK for me.... I was suspicious on how it would interact with the "goodies" but it does OK by me. I too am one that MUST have a back rest and this does the job for ME.

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Tripod-Chair/product/10210131/-1626008

Atwoods sells a camo canvas tripod chair with a back. In my circle of hunting friends we call it the "prostate chair", handy but not as comfortabe as a folding canvas chair. I prefer the large folding canvas chair and move up to the edge of the chair when the deer show up.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i tried one of the three legged ones out there and one leg would sink in the sandy soil. drove me nuts thats why i ended up with that bucket

That shower chair did the same thing to me. I damn near fell backwards through the blind door that first day out there. The folding chairs have a nice flat foot that usually hold pretty good in the sand.

TERPSTER

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up a cheap one from Academy with a backrest. seems to work well, the backrest sits a little too far back than I would like, but I might be able to fix that. It folds up small, has a carry strap, and is light weight. But it is the academy brand, so I will have to see how it holds up.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That looks like an awesome chair Brian but I couldn't find any for sale. Everyone seems to be out of stock and Midway says they have been discontinued by the manufacturer.

I checked magnusbroadheads.com and they're saying out of stock also.. That stinks.. This is the best chair for u ground blind hunters

pistolpete95

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Basspro sells a chair called a camp directors chair that is very comfortable for blind hunting. It has a back & arms. Very nap friendly. Light too.

goosedestroyer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Double Bull Dark Horse ground blind and I use the Primos three legged chair. It was pretty comfortable for several hours plus plenty room for me and my wife to hunt from the blind. I hunt with my recurve bow from the blind a few time and at McAAP.. I absolutely love the blind and like the Primos three legged chair too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom