Cheap 308 hunting rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stevens M200, a Savage without the accu-trigger and for $295-$300 how can you go wrong? if you don't like the 308 change the barrel in the garage. Yes the stocks are not all that great but the little 223 I bought the girlfriend will print 1" or better all day long. Rifle, scope, ring/base and have $475 in it could go cheaper but well ya know. Later,

Kirk

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is Marlin really going out of business or just changing the location of their operation?

I wish people would check facts before posting.Marlin Firearms, now a division of Remington Manufacturing has announced that they are closing the facility in Conn.They have not announced the location of their new plant but there will be a "seemless" transition between their old facility and their new one.In short "NO THEY ARE NOT GOING OUT OF BUSINESS"

Reaction score
All good, going up in price level and quality both:

-Stevens 200 or Marlin XS 7 (these are the best budget choices; probably the Marlin is a bit better / better value)

-Howa 1500 or Weatherby Vanguard or basic Savage (all good values as well)

-Tikka T3 or basic Remington 700 (of these two, I'd take the Tikka by a small margin at the same price)

-CZ 550 (excellent rifle)

Note that Mossberg ATR and 4x4 are not on the list...

Latest posts

Top Bottom