Chickasha

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL. I like Norman and Moore. I like apartment living for now because I don’t have to mow, or do any other outdoor work in the summer. If something goes out in the apartment I can just call maintenance. I’d love to get into a new small house, but I guess I’ll have to look at places with a good hospital. Oh well. I have all the time in the world to look. Worst case I stay in apartment living. Most the people I live around are college kids. All good kids.
when I first moved to the Tulsa area I lived in a 55+ apartment community and it was awesome. I loved it , but needed a fenced yard when the wife and pup came. there are a few of those in Moore and Moore is much better than Norman

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL. I like Norman and Moore. I like apartment living for now because I don’t have to mow, or do any other outdoor work in the summer. If something goes out in the apartment I can just call maintenance. I’d love to get into a new small house, but I guess I’ll have to look at places with a good hospital. Oh well. I have all the time in the world to look. Worst case I stay in apartment living. Most the people I live around are college kids. All good kids.

I was fixing to suggest Blanchard as a possibility, but I don't think they have a hospital. Also, I don't know anything about their rental property places.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Dairy Queen is on Hwy 62(?), edge of downtown, NW area. Not an area or place to be around after dark. Not much better in daylight.
The really good Mexican Restaurant closed down.
Grandson lived in Chickasha for 2 months. After being awakened by gunshots, several times, he moved out.

If we stop in Chickasha, coming to or from OKC, it is for Atwoods or Aldi. Nothing more of interest, to us.

I sure Mr Glock will have some choice words, too.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I actually like Chickasha. I go there often because my kid goes to college there.
There are some nice things and some ghetto-ey things but it's way better than Lawton IMO. They have some good chow there too and the Christmas Festival of Lights and they have the 50' leg lamp statue from Christmas Story. So you know it's aight.

I hear more gunshots in Elgin than I've ever heard in Chickasha...if that's a worry.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lived in Chickasha 10 months in 2021. Good little town. It has some issues in some areas. But it was a whole lot cleaner after we left!

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best thing about Chickasha is the J&W Grill, Hicks and the True Value next door. After that it all goes down hill pretty fast.

If you want out of the crap that Norman has become (I saw median beggars last weekend and that's new for Norman) but want to be close try Blanchard. Quiet sleepy little town, but it's only 14 minutes from Norman and about 15 minutes from Chickasha. Half hour from downtown OKC if you like to go downtown.

I've been here about 30 some odd years. I'll never be from here, but it's a nice place. Not many places to eat, but we have a local grocery store, a new Braum's, a really clean Ace Hardware and a few other necessities. There is a new medical/ER facility on the north edge of town on 76.

Give it a look.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best thing about Chickasha is the J&W Grill, Hicks and the True Value next door. After that it all goes down hill pretty fast.

If you want out of the crap that Norman has become (I saw median beggars last weekend and that's new for Norman) but want to be close try Blanchard. Quiet sleepy little town, but it's only 14 minutes from Norman and about 15 minutes from Chickasha. Half hour from downtown OKC if you like to go downtown.

I've been here about 30 some odd years. I'll never be from here, but it's a nice place. Not many places to eat, but we have a local grocery store, a new Braum's, a really clean Ace Hardware and a few other necessities. There is a new medical/ER facility on the north edge of town on 76.

Give it a look.
Don't leave out the Saucy Pig!

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at Rush Springs.
Then you can live next door to this place. Real inviting place down there. 😁 😁 (These photos were taken last year during the Watermelon Festival)

2022-08-13 16.47.49.jpg
2022-08-13 16.47.54.jpg
2022-08-13 16.47.59.jpg
2022-08-13 16.48.13.jpg
2022-08-13 16.48.15.jpg
2022-08-13 16.48.23.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom