2024 economic outlook

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was Biden's fault when gas was $5/gal, is it his fault that gas right now is like $2.60/gal?
I think they found out that the russian oil was still getting to market and that the sanctions is not working as planed so by driving the price lower they attempt to hurt russia's oil profits.

I just read last week or so about a fleet of shadow oil tankers getting russian oil to market.

Doing stuff like transferring oil from boat to boat like a oil tanker shell game

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
US energy production is matching opec for the first time in a while, and opec’s cuts are not keeping prices high like intended. That’s keeping WTI and Brent crude down. It’s shocking this isn’t in the media, why? We all know it goes directly against green energy. My question is how and when did we start pumping/drilling more to meet demand without more people knowing?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gaurav...shaping-oil-market-landscape/?sh=3b099558325b
Some quotes from a article I read in todays stock news

"The United States is set to produce a global record of 13.3 million barrels per day of crude and condensate during the fourth quarter of this year"

"the United States is pumping oil at a blistering pace and is on track to produce more oil than any country has in history."

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are your thoughts about 2024?

We all know one can’t predict the future, but some have more experience in this area then others and I’m curious about the different point of views.

The stock market
Will Q1/Q2 revenues be better than expected or will the markets sink in Q1 after record highs since it’s being said most spending right now is on credit, and some believe that credit spending is artificially boosting the economy with inflation not accuratly being recorded. Will history repeat itself after these record highs?

Will interest rates hold through Q1/Q2 of 2024? Will rates be cut in Q3? If so what are your reasons? Will rates hold for even longer since these rates are near historical averages and it will be needed to squash inflation? I personally think a we might see a rate cut just before Q3 of 2024 but that leads to another problem.

Real Estate
The moment rates are cut more buyers will flood the market and RE prices will continue to climb due to limited inventory. Don’t get me wrong I love increased equity, but I’ll leave it at that until someone chimes in.

Let’s not even talk about the commercial RE market.

Do we need to talk about how much consumers are spending on experiences and worthless crap, rather than paying down debt and building personal wealth?

I’m just an average Joe in my 30’s going to school to finish my degree, and this is my area of interest. Now that I don’t have any homework until January this all I read about. You can’t grow without knowledge so let’s hear some opinions!

What are your thoughts about 2024?
Did you write this yourself or did you copy and paste it. If the latter, sources are useful

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the economy will do okay up to November, the dems and elite know the numbers need to be reasonable and believable when they lie. They know what needs to happen for the numbers to look good. However, after the election, they will let it go to heck (assuming there is one) regardless of who wins, if it is a repub they will let it collapse really quickly since they still will be in power up to January 20th 2024. If it is a dem that wins, they will still let it collapse, so they can claim they need to institute massive controls to prevent that from happening again. Just a guess, watch the market, it could definitely collapse before then and give them an excuse to possibly cancel elections due to civil unrest (yes, I am wearing a tinfoil hat at times.) Also watch billionaires, what are many doing right now? Building survival bunkers.

Things to watch for, Cars, Loans and Pricing. Average LTV for a car is 125% with a $700 payment. Watch for Defaults.

Student loan payments (they resumed in October, 54% are now late.)

Mortgage Rates and Inflation - Dems want it that way for new underprivileged housing housing programs

Defaults on Mortgages - COL way up, many will be losing there homes just low enough to be under the radar of most.

Further dollar devaluation on foreign markets

Inflation can change very quickly, more than likely moderate.

Stock market, bitcoin and precious metals prices, probably go up on all three fronts.

The goal is to get rid of the middle class, not crash the economy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom