Children should never be allowed to shoot?--Armed 11-year-old boy shoots charging bear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This 11 year old is and amazing young man. Learning proper firearm handling techniques at an early age probably saved this young man's life and those in is fishing party's lives as well. He had just removed the plug from the shotgun so that it increased the capacity from three shots to five. :thumb: :patriot:

http://juneauempire.com/news/2017-06-30/armed-11-year-old-boy-saves-fishing-party-charging-bear
Posted June 30, 2017 09:23 am - Updated June 30, 2017 08:00 pm
By KEVIN GULLUFSEN
Juneau Empire
Armed 11-year-old boy saves fishing party from charging bear

..."The third shot went into the bear’s shoulder and his back, dropping it to the ground. The bear was so close when Elliot hit it with his third shot, there were powder burns on the bear’s mouth. Still alive, the bear then slid by Elliot’s feet.

“As the bear slid past him and came to a stop, he put a kill shot it him,” Lucas Clark said."...

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the reason I never carry my shotgun or rifle on a sling slung over my shoulder in bear country. I've been bluff charged twice and it happens so fast you've never have time to get it off your shoulder.

http://juneauempire.com/news/2017-06-30/armed-11-year-old-boy-saves-fishing-party-charging-bear

“He was carrying it in his hands rather than on his shoulder. That was the problem with the other ones, when the bear came at his uncle, he had his rifle on his shoulder and the bear was very close, so he couldn’t get it off in time,” Lucas Clark said."

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, If it had been me the story would have read different. Brown Bear was killed today by the stench coming from a Oklahoma man.The bear came from nowhere and the man unable to control his bowels soiled his pants. The smell was so bad the bear fell over dead. It was said they thought they could hear a woman scream, but since there were only males in the party it is believed the Oklahoma man did the screaming. A 1 mile area has been taped off to rid the area of the smell and contents of the man's pants. It is believed the area will not be safe for air breathing animals for some time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom