People that say they are going to do something...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my favorite lines from spensor for hire applies here. Hawk was ask by a young girl "why do you like spensor?" Hawk "because he does what he says he will do" young girl "and that makes him different?" Hawk "different than most."

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree about keeping your word.

Posted this here once before but believe it might need posting again. Don’t know who said it but I think it says it all.

“ All a man has is his word and if his word is no good then what good is the man. “

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always do what I tell someone unless something really bad happens like I wake up really sick or a natural disaster comes. And even then I will give as much advance notice that I cant make it because of x, y or z
I’m with you. I’ve had things come up that make it incredibly inconvenient for me but I will inconvenience myself before I leave someone hanging.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a few of those "friends" that would make plans but get a better offer last minute. I always had a hard time figuring out how much it should bother. I have found that if you stop doing the work they fade away.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even worse, offer to make dinner for a couple friends and spend my day smoking some ribs or whatever and 15 min. before time to eat, they say, aw we wanted to go see this new movie at the theater. (this has happened, once, never again)

Ain’t got time in my life for someone who doesn’t appreciate smoked ribs.

jes sayin’

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotta confess. I always try to do the right thing when I say I'm going to do something, I do it.

Except for today. I was going to meet a member to give him the Bocephus boxes. I got to the meeting sight before he did, looked around awhile then walked over to my pickup bed and noticed I had not brought the boxes.

kirk face slap.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom