Chilino's Mexican restaurants has added gunbuster signs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have contacted Chilino's about the new gunbuster signs, since I am a frequent customer. Please contact them with your thoughts: [email protected]

Let them nicely hear from us. Thank you.

You can add CVS to the list - at least the one at Sunnylane and SE 44th in OKC.

Had a long talk with the Pharmacy manager as the impact of the gun buster sign will affect his department the most. Long story short he though the sign was not warranted, agreed with me that it should come down but had been ordered by the district manager to put it up. FWIW I don't believe he was blowing smoke but was being honest.

Tried to find a corporate email to send my concerns to without luck. Ended up talking with a lady at corporate HQ about the new policy who was understanding and took down all the information about the policy and my concerns. Gatekeeper? I think so but who knows - she did a heck of a lot of typing while we were discussing the issue and assured me she would forward my comments to the corporate execs who deal with this sort of thing.

Until then I will be getting the $500 plus amount of prescriptions per month (for the past 15 years or so) for my wife's meds filled at Walgreens or Walmart - probably Walmart as I know they don't have a gunbuster sign on their doors.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never eat at Chilinos but i do frequent Ted's. They better not put any signs up or I will be pissed. They are Mexicans so they probably don't believe in gun rights since most of them voted for Obama anyway.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No middle ground then eh??? Respect our rights while we question yours??? That how it goes these days?

NO TFF...

That's not how it goes.

How it goes is they tell us they don't want our business. Their right.

We tell them why doing that is bad for their business. Our right.

They can change their policy or not. Their right.

In my case if CVS doesn't change their policy then they lose a customer of 27 years; one that has sent well over $500 a month their way for the past 15 or so. Will not getting that business break CVS? Of course not. Then again if enough of their customers in OK stop patronizing them and go to another pharmacy that does want their business then they may take note.

Many, many here believe that posting a business is a business' right and if we don't like it we don't have to do business with them which is our right. All we're doing is exercising our rights just like you exercised yours when you posted your business.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Congrats guys. Pretty soon there won't be anyone in town left to shop while you open carry. Yeah, sure, it's your right to shop where you want but in the end the gun community -- especially the open carry crowd -- is a very small drop in the financial bucket of these big stores.

And enjoy your lack of customer service at Wal-Mart. I've had prescriptions there, I've had prescriptions at CVS. Wal-Mart is like going to the Health Department for shots the day before school starts. CVS is like have concergie (sp?) service. I'll conceal my gun and enjoy the high quality service at CVS any day over showing off my gun and having to stand around in Wal-Mart for 45 minutes.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NO TFF...

That's not how it goes.

How it goes is they tell us they don't want our business. Their right.

We tell them why doing that is bad for their business. Our right.

They can change their policy or not. Their right.

In my case if CVS doesn't change their policy then they lose a customer of 27 years; one that has sent well over $500 a month their way for the past 15 or so. Will not getting that business break CVS? Of course not. Then again if enough of their customers in OK stop patronizing them and go to another pharmacy that does want their business then they may take note.

Many, many here believe that posting a business is a business' right and if we don't like it we don't have to do business with them which is our right. All we're doing is exercising our rights just like you exercised yours when you posted your business.

As a business owner, i understand the argument... It's just ironic. The world needs more GlockCops

TheAvenger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Congrats guys. Pretty soon there won't be anyone in town left to shop while you open carry. Yeah, sure, it's your right to shop where you want but in the end the gun community -- especially the open carry crowd -- is a very small drop in the financial bucket of these big stores.

And enjoy your lack of customer service at Wal-Mart. I've had prescriptions there, I've had prescriptions at CVS. Wal-Mart is like going to the Health Department for shots the day before school starts. CVS is like have concergie (sp?) service. I'll conceal my gun and enjoy the high quality service at CVS any day over showing off my gun and having to stand around in Wal-Mart for 45 minutes.

The problem is, their signs include concealed weapons just by saying "No Weapons". I don't open carry, so I wouldn't care whether they excluded that.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

1) Walgreens is across the street from nearly every CVS and allows lawful carry (so far)
2) We have made strides convincing businesses, large and small, to change their stance on this by providing them with information that we have put together.
3) It's a process, it was EXACTLY the same in 1995 when concealed carry became law. The signs (most of them) will be gone in 6mos to a year.

Let us work our plan. We are fighting for the gun rights of everyone, not just those who want to OC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom