China's first carrier starts sea trials

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/...2011/08/10/313002/Aircraft-carrier-killer.htm

awww.chinapost.com.tw_news_images_20110810_p19c.jpg

'Aircraft-carrier killer' goes on display at Taipei defense show

Updated Wednesday, August 10, 2011 11:43 pm TWN, By Joseph Yeh, The China Post

'Aircraft-carrier killer' goes on display at Taipei defense show

More than 160 locally-developed armaments will go on display in the 2011 Taipei Aerospace and Defense Technology Exhibition (TADTE) that will begin today, including the Hsiung Feng-III anti-ship cruise missile, which is believed to help Taiwan to counter the potential threats posed by China's first aircraft carrier.

In a Ministry of National Defense (MND) press conference to allow reporters a preview to the Pavilion of National Defense, the main highlight of the TADTE yesterday, the MND has put on display a Hsiung Feng-III anti-ship cruise missile in the pavilion's weapon system area.

During the preview, the indigenous missile was put against the backdrop of a billboard depicting a missile-riddled aircraft carrier.

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys didn't read my first post,silly people its not the navy. Oh I for got about cyber warfare too and yes,were are computer parts made?

China isn't a legitimate threat in any arena. Yet. They may win in a WW1-esque infantry on infantry battle through sheer numbers but that won't happen.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to worry about China while they keep knocking off old models of everyone's military technology.

A 1998 Russian model that took them 10 years to restore? Meh.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing to worry about here folks... I found a top secret photo of said "carrier" and it looks like they have different intentions for it.

ai.dailymail.co.uk_i_pix_2011_06_20_article_2005497_0CA4D25C00000578_349_964x609.jpg

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go ahead, downplay China's military capacity. One of the biggest difference between them and us is the level of willingness to expend personnel.

I don't downplay them at all. We Americans like to talk a big game, but I wouldn't be at all comfortable fighting with them - or Russia. We've got nukes, and all kinds of neat stuff, but much of that is too few and far between to make a real difference, and who would want a nuclear exchange? No one wins that. And you can see the impact some or our "neat stuff" has in action by looking at the stealthy tail rotor pictures at the supposed bin Laden hovel. That would be the one that crashed and burned for whatever reason. Oh yeah - and the Chicoms have that now, too.

Before we hardee-har-har at the Chinese, let's remember our industrial capabilities in comparison with theirs. Like WWII Germany, superior technology would be crushed by superior numbers. They've got plenty of raw materials and capability. We have a service industry. I guess we could defeat them by just not giving them their fries and a Diet Coke?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't downplay them at all. We Americans like to talk a big game, but I wouldn't be at all comfortable fighting with them - or Russia. We've got nukes, and all kinds of neat stuff, but much of that is too few and far between to make a real difference, and who would want a nuclear exchange? No one wins that. And you can see the impact some or our "neat stuff" has in action by looking at the stealthy tail rotor pictures at the supposed bin Laden hovel. That would be the one that crashed and burned for whatever reason. Oh yeah - and the Chicoms have that now, too.

Before we hardee-har-har at the Chinese, let's remember our industrial capabilities in comparison with theirs. Like WWII Germany, superior technology would be crushed by superior numbers. They've got plenty of raw materials and capability. We have a service industry. I guess we could defeat them by just not giving them their fries and a Diet Coke?

Bingo!!!!

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ercise-leaving-military-chiefs-red-faced.html

http://state-of-the-nation.com/topics/chinese-sub-launch/ this has been confirmed by russias Akron-1 satellite,11 hours later we shot off a tamahawk in the direction of the trail in? . This isn't Tinfoil hat **** this is reality,blow it off,make fun of it but next time you buy something that says made in china your funding some sneaky mother_ fu#&*rs with a bad agenda,I also downloaded the 2010 DOD review of the PLA peoples liberation army 83 pages,I've only read a little bit of it but its pretty intriguing to say the least.

Latest posts

Top Bottom