Christmas Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well its almost time of the year again! Last year I did the house lights in red white and blue. This year i'm going to do the same thing but instead of red, white, and blue I am going to do 3 red, 3 white, and 3 blue. We have the white net lights for the bushes. I am wanting to do C9's up and down the driveway and along the sidewalk. I just can't decide if all white will look weird. The RWB on top looks fine with the shrubs but it may look weird with so much white on the bottom. What do you guys think? I've googled for pics but can't really find anything.

Also, for you guys that do the peak of your roof, how do you get them to stand up on the top? I just usually staple them and let them lay down but I've seen a few houses that they stick straight up and down. I can't find any of the clips that work for the peak.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i1072.photobucket.com_albums_w361_johnnyshooter_photo_6.jpg

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought new led lights this year. The clips I bought put the lights at a 90 degree angle to the surface they are attached to.

I got all of mine atty Garden Ridge.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Are you sure your vote is going to count in this argument?

OP. They make clips that Stand the lights up and clip to the shingles. Found a pic brb.

im sure im gonna lose this one, but im gonna stomp around n huff n puff an throw a fit. Maybe i can bribe the son n laws to take care of their sweet mother n law, with a little Patron.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dear father is 83 years old. If you can imagine a really unlucky Mr. Magoo, you can imagine my father. He's gonna climb that ladder no matter what. God bless us every one, and I don't mean maybe.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dear father is 83 years old. If you can imagine a really unlucky Mr. Magoo, you can imagine my father. He's gonna climb that ladder no matter what. God bless us every one, and I don't mean maybe.

One of my fondest memories is helping my failing grandad put up Christmas lights. I can still see the worried look on my grandmother's face as he nearly fell off the ladder multiple times. The man cursed artfully. Shitfire in hail. You cotton pickin son of a gun. Waaaaailllll sheeeeet.

My poor mother. When they built their dream house she bought enough bulbage to line a runway. I don't know what part of her thought my dad, who works a trade job (and hunts all fall), was gonna come home after work and light up a big two-story house, but I guess she had hope. I was in their barn today and the lights are still there in the boxes. In his defense he usually puts a couple colored bulbs in the porch lights. (and lights his railroad lantern collection when the have a party)

Latest posts

Top Bottom