cichlid-dave controversy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys need to find a different hobby; I'm pretty sure this horse is no longer pinin' for the fjords. It is bereft of life. It has ceased to be. It has torn back the curtain and joined the choir invisible. It's bleedin' demised. :chop:

Last edited:

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was actually a good article in the latest Cabelas shooting catalog mailer on this very subject.

About a guy that posted a non-controversial picture that he thought was controversial that everyone else knew wasn't controversial and then never came back to the thread and posted when called out on it so a plucky board member began trolling him, posting after him and linking back to the original thread at every turn, eventually causing others to join his cause to get the original poster to admit he didn't know what the hell he was talking about, this going on for so long that he will eventually just come around and say that he meant it as a joke but everyone will know that is not the case?

Cool, sounds like a good read. I'll have to check it out.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The important thing is........... Will a big mac fit in a Quarter pounder with cheese box????????????????

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys need to find a different hobby; I'm pretty sure this horse is no longer pinin' for the fjords. It is bereft of life. It has ceased to be. It has torn back the curtain and joined the choir invisible. It's bleedin' demised. :chop:

This.
Perhaps he doesn't know what he's talking about. Perhaps he does and you don't. Who cares?

Seeing "What is the controversy" plastered throughout totally unrelated threads is tiresome and irritating. Heckling someone every time they post comes off as very childish. Do you have something personal against the guy that you feel the rest of us need to get involved in?

Now that you've got another thread for this nonsense, hopefully you'll keep it here.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Most likely.

Perhaps he does and you don't.

Nope.

Who cares?

I do and several others but mostly me.

Heckling someone every time they post comes off as very childish.

What can I say? My days are slow and I bore easily.

Do you have something personal against the guy that you feel the rest of us need to get involved in?

Nope, never met the guy.

Now that you've got another thread for this nonsense, hopefully you'll keep it here.

... not likely.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This.
Perhaps he doesn't know what he's talking about. Perhaps he does and you don't. Who cares?

Seeing "What is the controversy" plastered throughout totally unrelated threads is tiresome and irritating. Heckling someone every time they post comes off as very childish. Do you have something personal against the guy that you feel the rest of us need to get involved in?

Oh snap! Now we need another thread about the butt hurt surrounding the butt hurt over the controversy about 5.56.

I'm offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom