Washer/Dryer Combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw those too and had interest but I stuck with a bottom top config. Same footprint. Space is a premium in my garage where I’m forced to keep em. I plan on doing a garage sink to the right where the washer usually is.
Very happy with Electrolux

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

rhino2u

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea nowadays, however, my time in Korea 98-99 these were available and I used them. I didn't have any issues with them. However mainland and export maybe different qualities.
My experience was not good, took 6 hours to do one load. Depending on laundry, it may not still be dry. The “one “ unit was replaced with conventional machines after much frustration.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are looking at Lowes and their appliance policy, prepare to wait a long time if you should have a breakdown of the unit. Something like 3-4 weeks.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It washes and then dries in the same machine? So, if you had multiple loads to do on the weekend it would end up taking twice as long. The more loads you have the longer the time takes to get all your laundry washed and dried compared to separate washer and dryer. If you have two full loads it would take twice as long in the combo unit.

THe other think is that if you look at a typical washer dryer set, the dryer is almost always twice the cubic foot as the washer. The OP listed product in the post shows a 5 cu ft unit. That's a real nice size of a quality brand washer. However, a 5 cu ft dryer is very small for a front load unit. A 5 cu ft washer should be paired with an 8 cu ft dryer at least. Or, you have what someone mentioned earlier, clothes would get terribly wrinkled and loading up the nice size washer tube on a front loader, your clothes would take forever to dry in such a small dryer.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not seeing the problem with a load taking so long -- but I don't live the life you guys do. I typically only do 4 loads a week. One of sheets. One of towels. And for whites and one for colored stuff. (Ohhhh, that sounds racist. Is there a new way we are supposed to describe laundry?? Lights and darks ... Well **** that won't work ... Hmmm ...)

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not only no on lg but hell no.........a few years ago we bought a 60 something inch lg super dooper large screen tv that died 2 days after the warranty expired with a defective motherboard and lg wouldn't cover anything or sell us parts at a discounted rate. l told l wound never buy another lg product and would bad mouth lg every chance l had. So buyer beware

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my buddy that owns an appliance repair business in the Dallas area says he could stay busy the rest of his life just working on those.
Do you know my son? He runs an appliance repair business among another LED lighting business in the Dallas area.
He said that Samsung and LG lines of appliances offer great features, but parts are almost impossible to obtain, and they are difficult to work on. Most repairmen in that area just say no when getting a call to work on them so they don't get negative comments on their web/fb/Instagram pages where they advertise their services.

/

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you know my son? He runs an appliance repair business among another LED lighting business in the Dallas area.
He said that Samsung and LG lines of appliances offer great features, but parts are almost impossible to obtain, and they are difficult to work on. Most repairmen in that area just say no when getting a call to work on them so they don't get negative comments on their web/fb/Instagram pages where they advertise their services.

/

my friend lives in Cleburne does most of his work in DFW and owns Ray's appliance repair although his name isn't Ray

Latest posts

Top Bottom